Moonspear money on the dash
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,968 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Her paw remained on her mother’s foreleg, even as it pumped up and down with Towhee’s signing. Her eyes remained riveted upon the older woman’s face as she confessed to what was on her mind. Her brows raised a little, truly caught by surprise. Her stomach still felt heavy as she weighed this concept for a moment.

You mean, you wouldn’t pick your favorite child and just live with them? Meerkat joshed, then grew more serious as she gently asked, You wouldn’t want someplace to call home? With an ulaq and…

Towhee hadn’t chosen an ulaq, she remembered as she slid her paw away. Meerkat wondered if her mom was having trouble adjusting to life on the mountainside. She thought about encouraging her to stick around a while longer, see if the dust settled and she felt more at home here. A lot of her family was here, after all.

But then, she and Njord were talking about moving to the copse. Meerkat hadn’t made any assumptions about who might come with them, aside from the girls. Maybe the idea of moving again so soon had triggered Towhee somehow, even though it had sort of been her idea. Meerkat chewed at her bottom lip thoughtfully.

Towhee hadn’t said anything yet, perhaps waiting for her to complete her thought, so Meerkat finished, I mean, you’re right, it would take some adjustments. But it’s not like any of us would let you starve or go without a warm place to rest. If that’s what you really want, I fully believe you could make it work, mom.

She reached out again, her paw resting now on Towhee’s shoulder as she noticed for the first time that the pale streaks there were not so defined these days, white hairs now salting the pepper of the Redhawk’s dark coat. Meerkat drew in a breath and voiced some additional questions that came to mind.

When would this happen? Would dad go with you?
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
money on the dash - by Meerkat - June 08, 2023, 11:11 AM
RE: money on the dash - by Towhee - June 08, 2023, 11:16 AM
RE: money on the dash - by Meerkat - June 08, 2023, 11:19 AM
RE: money on the dash - by Towhee - June 08, 2023, 11:32 AM
RE: money on the dash - by Meerkat - June 08, 2023, 11:40 AM
RE: money on the dash - by Towhee - June 08, 2023, 11:49 AM
RE: money on the dash - by Meerkat - June 08, 2023, 12:27 PM
RE: money on the dash - by Towhee - June 08, 2023, 12:35 PM
RE: money on the dash - by Meerkat - June 08, 2023, 12:47 PM
RE: money on the dash - by Towhee - June 08, 2023, 12:55 PM
RE: money on the dash - by Meerkat - June 08, 2023, 01:04 PM