Sea Lion Shores the preacher in a t-shirt told me i could be a leader
666 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Missionary
Caracal knew a moment’s satisfaction when the stranger scrambled away from him, stumbling and falling flat on his back. He shook the fist clutching the crucifix in triumph, which was incredibly short-lived when he realized that he’d just assaulted a harmless stranger; Dinah was inexplicably fleeing the scene; and he’d upset Ava again.

He sagged in spiritual defeat, eyes pinned on Dinah’s quickly retreating form. Why on earth would she run away like that? Caracal shouted her name, begged her to stop, but he was rooted to the spot. He couldn’t leave the crying Ava with a stranger, no matter how genuinely apologetic and submissive he appeared.

I’m not, Caracal began, unsure whether he was talking to Ava or the stranger, feeling incredibly futile and frustrated by Dinah’s dramatic exit. I was just trying to look out for you girls. Stranger danger and all that, he continued uselessly, holding out an arm in case Ava would come to him for a hug, which he doubted.

Caracal took a breath and set down his handmade totem. He then offered that arm to the scarred man, to help him to his feet if he accepted. He sort of expected to be rejected on that front too, though he didn’t feel particularly sorry for his his behavior toward him. He was only sorry for its effect on his daughters.

Swallowing, he sent up a quick howl asking for @Heda, @Everett, @Hviske or @John to come to his aid. Someone needed to go after Dinah.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: the preacher in a t-shirt told me i could be a leader - by Caracal - August 14, 2023, 05:13 PM