Wheeling Gull Isle hell hath no fury
666 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Missionary
Yeah, he agreed hoarsely, she did. But… why did she leave, Ju? Why did she take everyone with her and leave me here? Why not stay here and talk to me? She just got angry and shouted. They both did. Your mama and Dinah, they said such—

But did it bear repeating? Caracal’s guts churned. He didn’t want to turn Judah against his mother and sister, even if none of it was fair at all.

I was trying to find them to apologize and beg forgiveness, he explained, the words like ashes in his mouth now, when I found you. Only you.

He could feel anger coiling inside him now, fury at the unjust treatment and the rapid abandonment. Where was the love? The faith? The growing resentment centered on Heda and Dinah but extended to everyone who’d left. Everyone but Judah.

Caracal blinked, eyes glassy. The tears had stopped but his entire face ached and throbbed. He looked around at the island, emptied save for the two of them. A strange look crept over his face.

Turning his eyes back to his son, Caracal said, Thank you for staying and talking with me, Ju. And though he was terrified of the answer, he made himself ask, What will you do now?
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
hell hath no fury - by Caracal - October 03, 2023, 11:24 AM
RE: hell hath no fury - by Judah - October 03, 2023, 11:44 AM
RE: hell hath no fury - by Caracal - October 03, 2023, 11:50 AM
RE: hell hath no fury - by Judah - October 03, 2023, 12:13 PM
RE: hell hath no fury - by Caracal - October 03, 2023, 12:29 PM
RE: hell hath no fury - by Judah - October 03, 2023, 12:56 PM
RE: hell hath no fury - by Caracal - October 03, 2023, 01:28 PM
RE: hell hath no fury - by Judah - October 03, 2023, 01:48 PM
RE: hell hath no fury - by Caracal - October 03, 2023, 02:19 PM
RE: hell hath no fury - by Judah - October 03, 2023, 03:11 PM
RE: hell hath no fury - by Caracal - October 03, 2023, 03:41 PM