Ocean's Breath Plateau parivaar
1,318 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Coach
All Welcome 
aditya had spread his wild oats, and now, the chickens were coming home to roost.

the mixed metaphors would have made anyone's head spin. it was as if the old man was herding cats. myriad children across myriad lands—and he wanted to care for them all.

was it possible?

he'd returned to easy, only for the woman to tell him that dutch and eldest had gone a-wandering. shenanigans was still missing. not to mention his children from dawn, long far afield. and his latest litter with grayday's younger daughter—

he'd made a mess of things, and as he lingered near the borders of a land that once could have been his, he felt an overwhelming sense of regret.

perhaps it could have been better here. easier, certainly. but his flightiness had never allowed him to remain in once place for too long, and he was reaping the consequences of that, now.

aditya didn't howl. he just stood, staring somewhat blankly into the interior of the plateau.
Moontide
Alpha*
-I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.-
1,259 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
It was a grizzeled man that met his gaze on the nirders of Moontide. He had taken to traversing the borders again. When he didnt have @Panuk or @Rolayne the latter in need of manners. He needed to take them hunting soon. Teach them.

He weaved his tail as it hung over his back and tilted his head. Hello There! You've approached Moontide. Can I help you? Do you need something?

Tags for reference
Interested in Moontide? Rodyn is always available for threads.
1,318 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Coach
he observed the young man coming to see him, golden eyes lighting upon the various scars here and there. a world-tested wolf, to be sure. and he walked as if this place was his own, and so aditya bowed his head, smiling slightly at the query.

once i hoped to claim this land, he admitted, golden eyes shifting back upwards. long ago. and now, i see it is claimed by others—it's a wonderful territory. how do you find it?

his agouti face tilted, ears splayed forward. he sought the other's gaze with respectful sincerity, wondering what the other had to tell him.

all the while resisting the urge to cast his vision upon all he could have had, once.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,259 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn's scars had come on his bride price journey and he would wear them with pride. Memories that literally decorated his hide for Samani.

The wolf was older, world weary and tired. Rodyn didn't know what to say at hia quiet admission and he felt a small stirring of unease. Would this wolf try and take what he and Samani had built?

We find it well. It is well nestled, prey is bountiful and we have neighbors but not too close. It is truly beautiful.

The male didn't seem disrespectful or haughty. But Rodyn was still sligjtly wary.

I am Rodyn Ardeth. Alpha. You are?
1,318 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Coach
he was glad of it. a bittersweet feeling, to be sure, but he couldn't begrudge these wolves their home.

aditya, he replied, tail swaying gently behind him. on my way to see my daughter, deeper into the interior lands.

and after that?

winter was here, and he was foolish if he thought his old bones could roam the way he once had through the ice and snow. he'd need to find a home, and sooner the better.

he cocked his head slightly. what have you called this place?
Moontide
Alpha*
1,259 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Well met Aditya.

He listened and Rodyn spoke softly. My late wife called it moontide. She was from moongow, Kukutux moonwomans daughter and we are sister pack to them.

Grief always so profound, how it hurt to say late. She had been so young to be taken from him. 3 years and already a single father and a widow.

Do you need a place to stay?
1,318 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Coach
late wife. he didn't miss that. the corners of his mouth turned downward, and his eyes melted like butter as he stared at rodyn.

i'm sorry for your loss, he said sincerely, then added, in response to the query, perhaps soon. once i make sure my daughter is well, i could return.

for now, it's a sightseeing trip.

his lips shifted as if in indecision, and he went on, kukutux? i think i know that name from somewhere, sometime. maybe a child of hers. . . 

but his brain was shot, and aditya shook his head, giving up on chasing down that particular train of thought. i'm sorry. i'm an old man; i remember nothing, he said wryly.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,259 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn smiled, but it didn't reach his eyes. Samani was gone and it had been a few months, but it still felt like yesterday.

Rodhn nodded. Well the offer stands if you want to stay after checking on your daughter.

He chuckled. Kukutux is well known in these wilds. You could have heard of her at anytime. I understand.
1,318 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Coach
rodyn was gracious, both in his invitation and excusing of adi's wayward brain. the old man was grateful for it, though he shouldn't linger long.

i must go, aditya said, dipping his head. thank you—and good luck, here. i think it is a land blessed by god himself.

and if krishna willed it ruled by someone other than himself—so be it.

with a few pleasant parting words, aditya carried on toward brecheliant. tempted to look back. . .though perhaps if he did, he'd never take another willing step.