Hideaway Strath One in the chamber, blood in the water, my love
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Eventually Wraen had grown tired of sitting at home and waiting. It was days, Elfie still had not showed up and the hope that he would return alive and as well as it was possible was dwindling. The winter days were bitter cold, snowy, the food was very hard to come by and with their numbers having increased, the mantel of leadership was heavier to bear than it had ever been before. So with an earnest wish to escape, to be useful, to find the boy - dead or alive - she left the copse and went to the strath. 

Wraen resisted all the useless "what if"s that had begun to plague her mind, but she did regret speaking harshly to Eljay, because now he had lost two people dear to him due to events that could not have been either predicted or prevented. Yet... yet she knew that her pack mate would feel resentment towards her. Grief and pain needs a relief in a form of a guilty person. Someone to blame for all of the misfortunes. And with all that was happening simultaneously, Wraen did not wish to deal with this as well.

Therefore she focussed on her mission and, when almost there, she caught sight of a running wolf. "ELFIE!" she called loudly and began to ran towards the stranger.
Messages In This Thread
One in the chamber, blood in the water, my love - by Ephraim - November 23, 2019, 08:36 AM
RE: One in the chamber, blood in the water, my love - by Wraen - November 23, 2019, 06:35 PM