Sleepy Fox Hollow Where I thought I knew it all before I knew what love was
2 / 3 THREADS
1,022 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Guardian
The tables had definitely turned; not only was Mahler an important wolf here, he was the general. The pointed way in which he stated it was enough to infer it was some kind of leader. Wylla, too, remembered their first meeting. Her tongue had been quicker then, and she had had the advantage over him. She couldn't make such wise-ass remarks here lest he call the dogs down on her head. That was a real shame. Mocking him might've made her feel slightly less awkward and out of place, even if it made her guilt grow.

There was one thing she really could not resist, and that was his accent. Wylla, she corrected in a grumble, as she had in the past, and it did ease a little of the weight of the guilt she couldn't bring herself to atone for. This time it was more about ribbing him than actually caring; it was simply how he spoke and it was endearing in a you're-not-someone-I-really-wanted-to-see-ever-again-but-I-missed-that-dumb-thing-you-do sort of way.

Yeah, well, she started after he had spoken, clearing her throat and making an effort to stand straighter and be more herself and less this meek creature she felt she was in front of him. What was it about guilt that made you feel so tiny? You weren't supposed to see me again. Thought you said you wouldn't come near me or whatever. She was on the borders of his pack, wrestling with the knowledge she had done him wrong, but couldn't help that ever-present need to mask her negative emotions with sarcasm and sass. It's exactly what she'd done the last time, too, and that had ended oh so well.

A quick glance at the meadow and she pronounced, you could do better. Couldn't possibly compliment his claim, his title, or give any indication she felt remorse for how things had ended. Nope, not her. What happened to Swiftcurrent Creek? she asked suddenly, feigning interest in the last thing they had in common if only to avoid the temptation to pick a fight once more, to drown their shared discomfort in something worse.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Where I thought I knew it all before I knew what love was - by Wylla - December 06, 2019, 01:58 AM