Sawtooth Spire i'm heading straight for the castle
2 / 3 THREADS
1,022 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Guardian
While Nyx laboured and Mahler attended her, Wylla took to scouring the territory in a right frenzy. She didn't care one lick about the she-wolf giving birth, but the demand on Mahler's time was certain to drive her own children's tempers up. The thought of it turned Wylla into a dark, roaming storm cloud to match the roiling sky while someone else watched over her children. The presence of Astraeus in their den was objectionable enough, but the boy was not Mahler's blood. His true-born children surely came first over Astraeus, so she saw the younger pup as no threat.

But these new cubs...

Wylla almost welcomed the sluice of cold water through her fur when the rain began. It cooled her temper and she turned her muzzle up to the weeping sky and closed her eyes. She'd barely taken a single deep breath when her ears perked, drawn by an unfamiliar voice on the wind.

Yellow gaze popped open and she turned her head, flickering her ears to and fro until she thought she'd ascertained the direction of the call. She wasn't really in the mood to entertain visitors, but it'd been a long time since she attended the borders and she could use a distraction. It certainly helped that the caller's voice was decidedly masculine; she'd always appreciated men far more than women, for good reason.

Her gait was swift as she cut through the forest and descended down to where Greyson waited. By the time she got there, her fur was plastered wetly to her sides, accentuating her tiny form and the lingering pregnancy fat that she hadn't managed to shake yet. All that aside, if she was at all self-conscious, Wylla didn't show it. Wintersbane was already there and received only a brief flash of her yellow eyes—she'd hoped to attend this stranger alone, indulge in a conversation with someone new, but there was always someone else beating her to the punch. It made unreasonable anger simmer in her veins that she was denied even this, although she knew it was unfair to blame Wintersbane for being dutiful.

Nevermind him. She peered at Greyson, a fit man cast in pure cool tones. Undeniably physically capable, and they needed new blood in their ranks. She thought they could dispense with the formalities, but since Wintersbane had already started, she didn't interject. Attractive, yes. She wondered if he would make Mahler jealous.

Shadow posted. :|
Messages In This Thread
i'm heading straight for the castle - by Greyson - May 03, 2020, 11:11 AM
RE: i'm heading straight for the castle - by Wylla - May 03, 2020, 11:42 AM
RE: i'm heading straight for the castle - by Greyson - May 03, 2020, 01:37 PM
RE: i'm heading straight for the castle - by Wylla - May 05, 2020, 08:01 PM
RE: i'm heading straight for the castle - by Greyson - May 06, 2020, 03:18 AM
RE: i'm heading straight for the castle - by Wylla - May 12, 2020, 08:54 PM
RE: i'm heading straight for the castle - by Greyson - May 14, 2020, 05:25 AM
RE: i'm heading straight for the castle - by Wylla - May 15, 2020, 05:29 PM