Sawtooth Spire though i have closed myself as fingers
2 / 3 THREADS
1,022 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Guardian
So she hadn't been wrong. Eleuthera came for a reason.

Wylla listened with more patience and neutrality than was customary for her, allowing Eleuthera to finish before she deigned to respond. Throughout the lavender wolf's explanation, the gears in her head were turning, picking key words from the narrative in an attempt to unveil the real reason behind all this. She could assume their new neighbours were driven from the coast because they were dangerous, but there was no forthcoming reason until Eleuthera said the word traitors. A betrayal didn't seem worth all this trouble, but maybe there was more to it than that.

Wylla could be a cunning wolf, but manipulation was far too tedious for her. If she tried hard enough, she might tease the story from Eleuthera without committing a single whisker to the cause. Instead, she was a straightforward wolf, and though she'd tried her hand at manipulating others when she was younger, nowadays she couldn't be bothered. Your fight is not our fight, she said, as gently as possible, but not without the hard edge that was natural to her. I cannot pull my wolves into a battle that doesn't involve us against a pack that has yet to bother us. Right now, it seemed counter-intuitive. If Sagtannet joined the cause, they would only paint a target on their own backs, and they were not equipped for a war.

She thought of Drageda with a grimace. In my experience, it isn't possible to be rid of your enemies. They will keep cropping up and they will remember. Is what they did worth risking your lives antagonizing them further? The lives of your friends? Your family? Why, she wondered, did Eleuthera and her allies wish to drive this pack from the mountains now? They'd already driven them from the coast. She saw no reason to risk Sagtannet lives against an unknown. Doubt was insidious, though, and eventually even she would doubt her present belief that a pack who hadn't made themselves known would continue to let them be if they only returned the favour.

After all, they must have done something terrible to deserve this response. Who was to say they wouldn't do it again?
Messages In This Thread
though i have closed myself as fingers - by Eleuthera - July 22, 2020, 12:25 PM
RE: though i have closed myself as fingers - by Wylla - July 22, 2020, 02:03 PM
RE: though i have closed myself as fingers - by Stag - July 23, 2020, 10:50 AM
RE: though i have closed myself as fingers - by Wylla - July 29, 2020, 10:19 PM
RE: though i have closed myself as fingers - by Stag - July 31, 2020, 10:37 AM
RE: though i have closed myself as fingers - by Eleuthera - August 02, 2020, 11:10 AM
RE: though i have closed myself as fingers - by Wylla - August 04, 2020, 11:29 AM
RE: though i have closed myself as fingers - by Stag - August 04, 2020, 03:58 PM
RE: though i have closed myself as fingers - by Eleuthera - August 05, 2020, 12:01 AM
RE: though i have closed myself as fingers - by Wylla - August 31, 2020, 11:02 AM
RE: though i have closed myself as fingers - by Stag - August 31, 2020, 11:30 AM
RE: though i have closed myself as fingers - by Eleuthera - August 31, 2020, 08:15 PM