Wheeling Gull Isle when i was a child, i caught a fleeting glimpse
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
When the woman appeared upon the horizon, Maegi froze. Slim, and that dark head and lighter body. . . She'd seen her before—and that description had once been notorious. The feeling passed as she grew closer, though, for both the scent and the finer details were not what she remembered. A relative, perhaps, but not her.

Yuelong, Maegi repeated briefly, before turning her mismatched gaze fully upon the woman. Hello. We used to live on this island, seasons ago, when it was under the care of a woman named Coelacanth. . .'Seelie' for short. Obviously that isn't the case anymore.

Oh, Jaes, she hoped they were okay wherever they were. She couldn't bear the thought of the seawolves lost to some tragedy, whether brought on by nature or enemies. They called themselves Undersea, she explained further. Do any of them still live here?

Ice trickled through her veins as a thought occurred to her: what if these wolves had been the ones to drive away Coelacanth and her family? 

She couldn't—she wouldn't—let that stand. She would have to avenge them. . .an impossible feat, given her condition and the fact that she and her husband were grossly outnumbered.
Messages In This Thread
when i was a child, i caught a fleeting glimpse - by Maegi - November 20, 2020, 12:15 PM
RE: when i was a child, i caught a fleeting glimpse - by Maegi - November 22, 2020, 12:47 PM