Den Mother*
listening
1,269 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Birdcatcher
Master Missionary
All Welcome 
mom. i love you. i'm staying.
heda refused to lose her faith as october winds pushed she and the others along the landbridge. by the time her paws touched the giltgrain on the other side, she regretted so much that she had taken them away from the island.
discovering little @Ava Amara besotted on the fruits did much to restore heda's righteous fury and lessen her anguish. she did not leave sweetharbor until the girl could move again, and by that time if caracal had showed his face, she would have lashed out a second time to truly end things between them.
as it was, she plied the child with a mixture of herbs to sweeten the stomach, and it was against her flank she tucked ava, away from the bite of oceanic winds that cut at them all.
ravensblood forest dripped with red sap. she had hardly liked this place when she came with bartholomew, and now she was sole caretaker for — "let's rest," came her encouraging murmur for the children. poor @Dinah, and confused @Simeon, and confident @Malakai, who she dreaded would not be so when he spent this night away from judah.
"grandma towhee is in the heartwood. it's south of here, i think, another day or two." she would need to hunt. "we can play a game on the way." voice cheery, heart thumping with anxiety that something would fall upon them in the gathering night.
Messages In This Thread
seraphim weeping - by Heda - October 03, 2023, 11:08 AM
RE: seraphim weeping - by Dinah - October 03, 2023, 11:38 AM
RE: seraphim weeping - by Ava Amara - October 03, 2023, 11:50 AM
RE: seraphim weeping - by Anathema - October 03, 2023, 01:26 PM
RE: seraphim weeping - by Malakai - October 08, 2023, 09:17 PM
RE: seraphim weeping - by Heda - October 18, 2023, 01:43 PM