Fairspell Meadow swarm the belly, swelling to a blaze
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
He was being careful, she knew. She knew the danger of getting your hopes up. Hopes too often sank like lead balloons; it was better to remain grounded, pragmatic, realistic. But Scarab didn't know what she knew, and while she'd initially been inclined to keep it to herself. . .with Sobek's loss, she couldn't. She knew all too well what it was to lose a child (two! no. . .four!) and to put another mother through that—

I met a man nearby here, Maegi said, dipping her head in the direction of the mesa. He was out looking for large game to hunt. He told me he was part of Rusalka, and that they had relocated to a plateau a little ways from here.

She swallowed, composing herself and giving Scarab a level stare. It's not guaranteed, but it's possible your family may have survived, and are living there with the rest of the pack, she continued. Paused. Gritted her teeth, suddenly unwilling to let Scarab go—but she must, she must!

I can take you there, if you want, murmured Maegi in a subtle query, her eyes drifting from him, out toward the horizon. And waited for his answer, forepaws stretched out, crossed at the ankles.
Messages In This Thread
swarm the belly, swelling to a blaze - by Maegi - October 28, 2019, 06:23 PM
RE: swarm the belly, swelling to a blaze - by Scarab - October 29, 2019, 06:38 AM
RE: swarm the belly, swelling to a blaze - by Maegi - October 30, 2019, 09:20 PM
RE: swarm the belly, swelling to a blaze - by Scarab - October 31, 2019, 01:14 PM
RE: swarm the belly, swelling to a blaze - by Maegi - October 31, 2019, 04:31 PM
RE: swarm the belly, swelling to a blaze - by Scarab - November 01, 2019, 03:28 AM
RE: swarm the belly, swelling to a blaze - by Maegi - November 01, 2019, 08:01 AM
RE: swarm the belly, swelling to a blaze - by Scarab - November 01, 2019, 01:20 PM
RE: swarm the belly, swelling to a blaze - by Maegi - November 02, 2019, 11:14 AM
RE: swarm the belly, swelling to a blaze - by Scarab - November 03, 2019, 05:44 AM
RE: swarm the belly, swelling to a blaze - by Maegi - November 03, 2019, 10:48 AM
RE: swarm the belly, swelling to a blaze - by Scarab - November 03, 2019, 12:40 PM
RE: swarm the belly, swelling to a blaze - by Maegi - November 04, 2019, 01:43 PM