Redhawk Caldera we'll always have this dance
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,967 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Fennec noticed her and invited her closer. Feeling caught out, Meerkat hesitated for an instant before approaching the dim doorway. She slowly peeked her head inside, her eyes flitting across her sister's face before dropping to the little bundle of joy himself.

He looked nothing like either of his parents. His coloration actually reminded her of Phox and Towhee. Meerkat stared for several beats, waiting for the love to rush in like it had with her half-siblings. The seconds ticked past and she mostly just felt nothing, toward him at least.

But as she continued staring at this irrefutable evidence of Bronco's and Fennec's relationship—almost certainly loving if not outright romantic—Meerkat's mouth went dry. It wasn't because they were her older siblings; she understood they weren't really related. It was because they had this connection, this intimacy. Not only did it exclude her, she hadn't even been remotely aware of it.

Her throat felt tight and she tore her eyes away, looking into Fen's eyes even though she couldn't return her gaze. Meerkat just wanted to be happy for her sister, her brother too, but she couldn't swallow the lump as her face started to crumple.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
we'll always have this dance - by Meerkat - June 07, 2021, 12:33 PM
RE: we'll always have this dance - by Fennec - June 07, 2021, 01:15 PM
RE: we'll always have this dance - by Meerkat - June 07, 2021, 01:38 PM
RE: we'll always have this dance - by Fennec - June 07, 2021, 01:45 PM
RE: we'll always have this dance - by Meerkat - June 07, 2021, 02:03 PM
RE: we'll always have this dance - by Fennec - June 07, 2021, 02:11 PM
RE: we'll always have this dance - by Meerkat - June 07, 2021, 02:21 PM
RE: we'll always have this dance - by Fennec - June 07, 2021, 03:02 PM
RE: we'll always have this dance - by Meerkat - June 07, 2021, 03:33 PM