Redhawk Caldera we all sell our souls (sooner than later).
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,967 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She'd warned him to stay away, far away. But why would Reyes listen to her? She remained stiff and wary, her lips parting at his reply though she didn't speak. If he wanted to play with fire, then that was on his head, Meerkat supposed. She didn't doubt her mother could handle the situation; she didn't need the yearling's help.

Maybe she was wrong about that, though. Not long after an insanely large stranger came forward to receive them, one of the twins came barreling into view. Their mother could tell the twins apart with relative ease, though Meerkat had never been able to do so easily. It was particularly difficult when she was moving so quickly.

She didn't even think about it, really, Meerkat hastily moved closer to Reyes. She didn't quite intercept the girl but she bumped into him in her effort to closely monitor the situation. If he'd attacked Caracal, he might pose a threat to Sphyra (or was it Tierra? She still couldn't quite tell).

Whether he had any business here was up to the Sovereign, though Meerkat considered it her duty to look out for and guard her younger siblings, even if she wasn't particularly cut out for the role. She watched both Reyes and Tierra (yeah, pretty sure it was her) like a hawk from less than a foot away, intermittently shooting anxious glances at the stranger and beyond him. Someone should go get Towhee.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: we all sell our souls (sooner than later). - by Meerkat - June 30, 2021, 07:54 PM