Redhawk Caldera we all sell our souls (sooner than later).
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,967 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Even as she awaited acknowledgement from the white guardian, two different sides of Meerkat continued wrestling one another. She definitely wanted to stay here and personally keep an eye on her sister, though an even bigger part of her desperately wanted to bring Towhee's attention to this situation. Plus, there were other things she was bursting to tell her mom. She would need to place her trust in this stranger, by simple merit of his wearing a Redhawks title.

It shouldn't have surprised her when he countered her with a suggestion, though it did. Meerkat's eyes darted nervously to where Reyes and Tierra played, wondering if the girl would cooperate. Of course, the child overheard and ran to Reyes, which answered that question. The yearling swallowed, concerned for her sister's safety but hoping her father wouldn't dare harm her with Āzon here.

"Okay. It's okay," she said loudly, "I'll be right back and mom will sort it out." She shot Reyes a quick look, then forced a smile for Tierra. She couldn't blame the child for not comprehending the danger. She still doubted Reyes would touch a hair on her head, though she hated to bet on her kid sister's safety. But trying to force the situation could be even riskier with tensions running so high, so Meerkat knew she had to prioritize fetching Towhee.

She caught the giant's eye with a thoughtful frown and a nod. Sucking in a shaky breath and giving the pup one last glance, Meerkat then broke into a run, determined to locate Towhee as quickly as possible.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: we all sell our souls (sooner than later). - by Meerkat - July 02, 2021, 06:16 PM