Noctisardor Bypass teil vier
2 / 3 THREADS
1,022 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Guardian
Wylla pursed her lips. She wasn't always the most perceptive, but even she knew that wasn't what he'd almost said. What was it about her that was so poisonous to him he could not be frank and open with her for even a second? Self-loathing, again, streaming down her throat on a bitter swallow.

But you did. She said it with the full force of a door slamming shut. She said it when his coughing fit had ended — yet another secret he kept from her, and so she thought nothing of it. She should have been concerned, and perhaps something like it flashed in her eye, but she could not put a stopper in her hurt to consider his just now. You did, and showed me, again, that it doesn't really matter what I try to do, because you will blame me every time. Not when it meant upsetting someone else. He had once asked how he could go on when everything he did caused someone to get hurt.

It seemed to Wylla, then, that he had chosen to make her the target of every hurt, to spare others at her expense, and it was so unfair. After all the work and self reflection she had tried to do since coming here, it speared straight through her. His apology fell flat. There was always an apology, and yet, it always happened again.

I am taking Phaedra to the sea. Delivered again with that same brusque note. Elevate Sequoia. I don't give a shit. Obviously you trust her more... More than you trust me, she thought, and felt her stomach curling with hurt. What was it going to take for him to see she was trying to be better, for him? What would it take for him to see that she was not some villain?! I am here for Phaedra, and I will not let anyone take that from me.

Let Sequoia try, if she was granted power and sought to abuse it. She would kill the bitch before she would be exiled from Rivenwood and Phaedra, and she would take more from Sequoia in the process if that transpired. She knew two of those children were her blood, and she knew she had more of a right to their guardianship than anyone here. Let her try, and reap what she had sown.

I will return with her. I hope by the time I do... She straightened her back, maintaining a steely gaze, then pivoted without finishing the thought. She didn't even know what she wanted to say. She wouldn't be apologizing to Sequoia, but nor would she be making any effort to avoid the woman, either. She'd tell her exactly what she thought the next time she saw her.

Brisk steps, but she would stop if he had anything more meaningful to say for himself. Wylla suspected that he did not — that was always how it was, and their brief openmess prior to this didn't seem like enough to make a difference to him, no matter how much of a difference it had made to her.
Messages In This Thread
teil vier - by Mahler - August 19, 2021, 07:25 PM
RE: teil vier - by Wylla - August 19, 2021, 09:18 PM
RE: teil vier - by Mahler - August 20, 2021, 12:25 PM
RE: teil vier - by Wylla - August 20, 2021, 01:01 PM
RE: teil vier - by Mahler - August 20, 2021, 01:11 PM
RE: teil vier - by Wylla - August 20, 2021, 01:18 PM
RE: teil vier - by Mahler - August 20, 2021, 01:26 PM
RE: teil vier - by Wylla - August 20, 2021, 01:36 PM
RE: teil vier - by Mahler - August 20, 2021, 01:55 PM
RE: teil vier - by Wylla - August 20, 2021, 02:14 PM
RE: teil vier - by Mahler - August 20, 2021, 04:05 PM