Redhawk Caldera quiet on set
666 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Missionary
All Welcome 
I'm dating this for Saturday. Please let @Alyx post first!

Caracal followed behind Alyx in increasingly dejected silence as they made the journey back home. Every footstep took him further from his mother. She was in good hands with Raven, he knew, having watched the woman at work. What Caracal would've given to stay there, looking after his mother and learning everything he could from his aunt!

But Towhee had sent him home. She'd insisted he was needed at the caldera. She'd tasked him and Alyx with informing the Redhawks of her diagnosis. She had been so gentle and quiet in her insistence, reminding him not to argue with her because it wasn't good for her health. She had effectively tied his hands with that one.

When he saw the caldera in the distance, Caracal's heart twinged and he stopped in his tracks. They were really here, without mom. Tears flooded his eyes. Now that Towhee was far away and his outburst couldn't hurt her, he let himself lose control. He sank to the ground and wailed his fear, grief and misery over the situation.

He did that until he was spent, then sat up and wiped his nose with a sniff. Head still hanging low and feeling more than a little foolish, he gave Alyx a sheepish glance, then resumed walking behind her toward their destination.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
quiet on set - by Caracal - September 08, 2021, 03:01 PM
RE: quiet on set - by Alyx - September 08, 2021, 06:32 PM
RE: quiet on set - by Caracal - September 09, 2021, 02:11 PM
RE: quiet on set - by Alyx - September 10, 2021, 10:38 AM
RE: quiet on set - by Ruenna - September 10, 2021, 11:00 AM
RE: quiet on set - by Caracal - September 10, 2021, 12:00 PM
RE: quiet on set - by Alyx - September 10, 2021, 12:54 PM
RE: quiet on set - by Ruenna - September 16, 2021, 08:31 AM
RE: quiet on set - by Caracal - September 16, 2021, 11:54 AM
RE: quiet on set - by Ruenna - September 16, 2021, 12:37 PM
RE: quiet on set - by Caracal - September 16, 2021, 02:55 PM