Duskfire Glacier she dances in a ring of fire
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,951 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
"You're not a bother!" Meerkat rushed to assure Imaq, abruptly certain she knew why she was here. The dappled she-wolf confirmed it in the very next breath, questioning Meerkat about the recent altercation.

The yearling's brow furrowed and she licked her lips, motioning for Imaq to make herself comfortable. Meerkat took a seat herself, trying to recollect the moments leading up to the contretemps so she could relay everything she knew to the concerned mother.

"I came across Liak just outside the den and noticed he was hunting a lizard. I was pondering turning it into a lesson when it must've bitten him because he squealed, so I went over to him. Makatza showed up right after that. She was immediately nasty, for lack of a better word," Meerkat said, blowing out a breath, "although I mistakenly believed it was just a play fight, at first." She felt her throat tighten with guilt.

Looking down at her paws, she continued, "As soon as I smelled blood and realized it was serious, I tried to interfere. I wish I'd acted sooner but I didn't know Makatza would behave that way. I'd never seen her before then and didn't have the first idea what she was like..." Meerkat shook her head. "I don't mean to make excuses, though. I'm sorry I didn't act faster."

Just like in the heat of the moment, she wondered where Rye and Imaq had been that day. Meerkat felt responsible for Liak because she had been there when it had happened, though she hadn't been formally tasked with looking after him, nor did she consider herself a sitter. It was easy to blur the lines, yet she was not a caretaker, but a teacher. She wanted to ask, yet she didn't want to accuse or perpetuate guilt. Surely the parents both felt terrible enough about the situation.

"How is Liak?" Meerkat asked.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
she dances in a ring of fire - by Imaq - September 29, 2021, 02:06 PM
RE: she dances in a ring of fire - by Meerkat - September 29, 2021, 02:19 PM
RE: she dances in a ring of fire - by Imaq - October 12, 2021, 02:10 PM
RE: she dances in a ring of fire - by Meerkat - October 12, 2021, 03:23 PM