Duskfire Glacier NulettuKutik
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,951 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
His smile returned, which should've been a relief. But the swiftness of its reprisal disconcerted her, as did his next question. Her eyes narrowed as she tried to parse the implication, even as Issorartuyok suddenly stood tall and proud. They widened at his declaration, her lips parting in astonishment. Was he serious? Issorartuyok didn't make jokes. He was serious.

He looked so pleased with himself as he declared his intentions. Meanwhile, Meerkat's face abruptly scrunched. She knew him well enough to understand he meant well, that this sentiment came from his northern upbringing. But here was more incontrovertible proof that their entire mindsets toward these matters were really not compatible.

"What? No," Meerkat said, "no." For a solid ten seconds, she couldn't even articulate any further, she was so thrown by this turn in the conversation. Once more, she was filling to the brim with several dozen different emotions, all of them intense.

Now the anger surged again. "No! Why would you—? I just told you he's a better match for me. That isn't something that you can change by challenging him to a duel! Issor, it wouldn't change anything between you and me!" Her voice dipped, losing the heat as she added, "We are just not meant to be."

She breathed for a moment, trying to collect herself. There was part of her quite galled by this exchange, yet ever the diplomat, Meerkat wanted to smooth out the ragged edges. "It has nothing to do with you. I choose him because he makes me happy, Issor. Don't you want me to be happy?"
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
NulettuKutik - by Issorartuyok - January 04, 2022, 08:46 PM
RE: NulettuKutik - by Meerkat - January 04, 2022, 09:06 PM
RE: NulettuKutik - by Issorartuyok - January 04, 2022, 09:25 PM
RE: NulettuKutik - by Meerkat - January 04, 2022, 09:53 PM
RE: NulettuKutik - by Issorartuyok - January 04, 2022, 10:07 PM
RE: NulettuKutik - by Meerkat - January 04, 2022, 10:33 PM
RE: NulettuKutik - by Issorartuyok - January 04, 2022, 10:41 PM
RE: NulettuKutik - by Meerkat - January 04, 2022, 11:12 PM
RE: NulettuKutik - by Issorartuyok - January 04, 2022, 11:29 PM
RE: NulettuKutik - by Meerkat - January 05, 2022, 12:01 AM
RE: NulettuKutik - by Issorartuyok - January 05, 2022, 12:15 AM