Dragoncrest Cliffs sing me a song of a lass that is gone
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,967 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
A very striking young woman joined the group, her markings reminding Meerkat of her younger siblings via Phox. She felt almost dowdy compared to this graceful creature who spoke in poetic verse. She was immediately charmed, eyes only cutting away to glance at Njord as he made formal introductions.

It’s nice to meet you, Chacal. Thank you so much for the warm welcome, the newcomer said, noting the closeness between Chacal and Erzulie. She assumed they must be relatives. Perhaps she was even an older child? For a split second, she wondered if that made her one of Njord’s, though he had only mentioned siring their most recent litter.

That thought invited another, this one errant and intrusive. An image flashed through her mind: Njord in a lovers’ embrace with Erzulie. Meerkat felt herself flush, forcing that picture from her mind. He may have trysted with her, made offspring with her even, yet they had never been lovers, she knew.

Rid of that unwanted anamnesis, she focued as Erzulie insisted they could go over her merits after she’d settled, an extraordinarily gracious offer. When the captain requested her audience later, Meerkat was quick to say, Yes, of course. I’ll come find you. Don’t forget this, she said of the rabbit. Thank you!

The Obsidian took her leave and Meerkat’s attention returned to the two remaining wolves. Since they’d only just exchanged introductions, genuine curiosity drove her to smile at Njord before focusing on Chacal and guessing, Is Erzulie your mother?
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
sing me a song of a lass that is gone - by Meerkat - January 11, 2022, 08:11 PM
RE: sing me a song of a lass that is gone - by Njord - January 12, 2022, 04:32 PM
RE: sing me a song of a lass that is gone - by Erzulie - January 12, 2022, 05:19 PM
RE: sing me a song of a lass that is gone - by Meerkat - January 12, 2022, 06:21 PM
RE: sing me a song of a lass that is gone - by Sobo - January 14, 2022, 01:56 PM
RE: sing me a song of a lass that is gone - by Chacal - January 16, 2022, 12:29 PM
RE: sing me a song of a lass that is gone - by Njord - February 03, 2022, 12:31 AM
RE: sing me a song of a lass that is gone - by Erzulie - February 03, 2022, 02:54 PM
RE: sing me a song of a lass that is gone - by Meerkat - February 03, 2022, 03:17 PM
RE: sing me a song of a lass that is gone - by Chacal - February 12, 2022, 06:48 PM
RE: sing me a song of a lass that is gone - by Meerkat - February 13, 2022, 09:55 PM
RE: sing me a song of a lass that is gone - by Chacal - February 20, 2022, 05:38 PM
RE: sing me a song of a lass that is gone - by Meerkat - February 21, 2022, 10:00 AM