Lady*
1,951 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
Evening of March 16

Meerkat tipped her pale snout toward the full moon rising over the black sea. Well, almost full, she noted with a twitch of her lips, thinking of those nights during her childhood when she had stargazed with @Phox. Smiling fondly at those memories, she waded into the surf and began gently cleansing herself in the cool, dark waters.

After she finished her bath, she retreated to the nearby tunnel to drip dry. Meerkat had insisted she and @Njord sleep separately tonight. She couldn’t be sure if he’d opted to sleep in their den or if he, too, had found a quiet spot elsewhere in Sapphique’s seaside sprawl. Wherever he’d decided to rest, she supposed they were both gazing at the same moon.

That thought brought another smile to Meerkat’s face as she gingerly lowered herself to the cool, stony ground. She shifted onto her side to favor her baby bump, then curled her nose toward her tail as she tried to get some sleep.

Morning of March 17

It was a bonny day for a wedding. Too excited to sleep anymore, Meerkat rose with the sun and swayed toward the waves again. She waded into the shallows and stood there gazing out over the waters for a long time, watching the world gradually brighten. She turned to peer back over her shoulder only when she heard the sound of footsteps approaching behind her. Her eyes and face lit up brighter than the sunrise.

They spent a little while there, the sea swirling around their ankles as they murmured to one another. Eventually, Njord guided her inland. They had talked about gathering everyone on the beach, getting married with their toes in the sand. But with @Erzulie bound to the roja den with her little ones, Meerkat had suggested a different venue.

Already, Seaflower Respite bloomed in a great swath of purple. Meerkat caught glimpses of the blossoms through the trees as she and Njord strode around the shore of Glintwater Lake. Aside from the location, the Pearl didn’t know what to expect of the upcoming ceremony. What had Njord planned for them?

Her brown eyes found his face, her own expression full of adoration and excitement. I love you, she said on an exhale as the two of them approached their destination.

Please let Njord post first, then it’s open to everyone else in Sapphique.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
the blade and the bow - by Meerkat - March 16, 2022, 06:53 PM
RE: the blade and the bow - by Njord - March 23, 2022, 01:07 AM
RE: the blade and the bow - by Rosalyn - March 23, 2022, 10:52 AM
RE: the blade and the bow - by Sobo - March 23, 2022, 12:25 PM
RE: the blade and the bow - by Loko - March 23, 2022, 12:50 PM
RE: the blade and the bow - by Erzulie - March 24, 2022, 09:04 AM
RE: the blade and the bow - by Meerkat - March 24, 2022, 10:11 AM