Dragoncrest Cliffs got a soul so big, we were giants at the start of it
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,967 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Visitors are welcome anytime! Let’s go without a post order, so long as everyone posts once per “round.”

Every little thing they did brought a smile to her face. Even when they made noises, or messes—and she had no choice but to clean them up with her tongue—Meerkat never stopped grinning. Her cheeks ached for it.

It only slipped from her face momentarily when their little girl somehow managed to twist a nipple painfully. Oof… have mercy, she crooned, lowering her head to skim her nose over their heads for the nth time, nudging the pups to right them and make sure they latched, like Erzulie had instructed her.

I think they’re already troublemakers, Meerkat quipped to Njord, eyes absolutely shining as she raised her head to meet his gaze. I’m so happy they’re here, she breathed. I love them. And you.

He asked about names and she looked down at them again, lips pursing thoughtfully, the corners still twitching upward. I’m tempted to call her Bonny, Meerkat admitted, wondering what her husband would think before sharing, Everyone in my family is named after an animal, often birds but sometimes other kinds.

Since they all wore Njord’s surname, perhaps he wouldn’t mind if she christened them accordingly? Their maternal grandparents would probably appreciate it if they continued the convention. Meerkat studied them, trying to note any resemblances to other wildlife, but she kept getting distracted by their cuteness.

Maybe we could name them after creatures of the sea, to honor Sapphique? she murmured thoughtfully, once again catching her mate’s eye.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread