Dragoncrest Cliffs But I’m still tired of sleeping with the light on
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,968 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Once Ray was delivered to and settled in at the rendezvous site, Meerkat headed back toward the borders. She walked slowly, her feelings still all over the place. The pace gave her a few moments to process Bronco’s appearance, what he’d said thus far and what she wanted to say in response.

By the time she reunited with him for the second time that day, she had an idea of what she wanted to say, the words coming quietly. I really want to hear all about what you’ve been up to since, well… Meerkat trailed off as she realized, with a pang, she couldn’t honestly remember the last time she’d seen him.

Calamity after disaster after tragedy had pried the two of them apart. Then Killdeer had come along, the manifestation of a relationship Meerkat hadn’t even known existed between Bronco and Fennec. And nothing had ever been the same after that. Meerkat realized now that she’d felt not just blindsided but replaced by the intimacy with his newfound family. What place did a kid sister have compared to a mate and son?

But time blurred the details and softened the edges of those once jagged emotions, allowing a genuine if tentative smile to creep over her face as Meerkat sighed and said, Bronco, do you have any idea how much I’ve missed you?
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)