Dragoncrest Cliffs Willow Tree March
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,968 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Before she could ponder how to rephrase in order to properly express herself—and not sound so damning, in hindsight—Njord ventured a guess. She looked at him solemnly as he posited that seeing Mercy leave reopened the deep psychic wounds left by his own departure earlier in the year. He seemed to understand that Meerkat hadn’t been able to enjoy the positive aspects of the celebration, not when at every turn, it reminded her of another, more fateful day.

It would’ve been hard to see her go, either way, Meerkat said quietly, looking down at her paws, then up again, but, yes, I suppose that about sums it up. I want you to understand that I don’t hold it against you. That’s part of why I didn’t want you with me until I cleared my head a bit. I didn’t want to make you feel any worse than you already do about it. I didn’t want to burden you, or the boys, or anyone, really. The focus belonged on Mercy. And, she finished a bit lamely, I’m still not sure I’m making any sense.

Meerkat sought Njord’s eye again, one side of her mouth crooking into a sad smile. Then she closed the distance between them, snuggling against him without a moment’s hesitation. She was still ever so glad he was here with her and she hated that she couldn’t just let go more easily. But Meerkat knew she had to give herself some grace. She had been through quite a lot this past summer, of course all those feelings wouldn’t just vanish into the either now that Njord was home. Life was never that simple.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Willow Tree March - by Njord - October 23, 2022, 02:18 PM
RE: Willow Tree March - by Meerkat - October 23, 2022, 02:25 PM
RE: Willow Tree March - by Njord - October 23, 2022, 02:56 PM
RE: Willow Tree March - by Meerkat - October 23, 2022, 08:05 PM
RE: Willow Tree March - by Njord - October 23, 2022, 09:40 PM
RE: Willow Tree March - by Meerkat - October 23, 2022, 10:06 PM
RE: Willow Tree March - by Njord - October 25, 2022, 02:01 PM
RE: Willow Tree March - by Meerkat - October 25, 2022, 03:23 PM
RE: Willow Tree March - by Njord - October 25, 2022, 03:48 PM
RE: Willow Tree March - by Meerkat - October 25, 2022, 04:24 PM
RE: Willow Tree March - by Njord - October 25, 2022, 05:34 PM