Moonspear rosehips
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,967 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She hoped as many would flock today as yesterday, allowing these two little girls to restore their hopes and lift their spirits too. Meerkat’s ears twitched as Njord’s voice poured over the mountaintop. She leaned back into his embrace when he settled behind her a moment later. They could both gaze upon their daughters this way.

They really are, she murmured happily, bending to nose at the crowns of their heads in turn.

She took a moment or two to simply breathe in their scents and marvel at their breaths. Swallowing a little thickly, she then drew her head up a bit to look at them more properly. One wore a black pelt with pale smudges that would likely become more defined as she grew. The other was a bit lighter, a slate gray that reminded her of Swordfish, along with the soft freckles that called poor Narwhal’s markings to mind.

As much as she resented the memory of Sapphique, Meerkat could not deny that, I want to give them names that fit with their brothers’, that was to say, in honor of the sea. Have you ever seen an orca? Maybe that would suit her. And it’s a family name too; I have a late aunt by that name, she mused in the next breath.

She kissed the darker babe’s crown, then tried to turn her head to read Njord’s expression in profile. Did he approve of that name? Would he like to name the other, the one who would always remind her mother of the sons she had lost? Perhaps that thought should make her sad, though Meerkat liked the idea that her daughters would both honor lost loved ones in a way.

Sialuk peeked her head inside the ulaq. Meerkat returned the pale Alpha’s smile, feeling a small touch of pride at birthing Moonspear’s first litter. She motioned for Sialuk to come closer or at least make herself comfortable if she liked. She was more than welcome here.

We were just deciding on their names, Meerkat said, then wondered, Did you see @Stingray on your way here, by any chance?

Anyone’s welcome to drop in anytime! There’s no posting order; I’ll just post a new round after everyone’s had a chance to post.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
rosehips - by Meerkat - March 08, 2023, 01:15 PM
RE: rosehips - by Njord - March 08, 2023, 10:48 PM
RE: rosehips - by Seal - March 08, 2023, 10:57 PM
RE: rosehips - by Orca II - March 09, 2023, 10:00 PM
RE: rosehips - by Sialuk - March 11, 2023, 11:55 AM
RE: rosehips - by Meerkat - March 13, 2023, 09:18 AM
RE: rosehips - by Alaric - March 17, 2023, 05:16 PM
RE: rosehips - by Njord - March 19, 2023, 09:00 PM
RE: rosehips - by Meerkat - March 27, 2023, 01:35 PM