Wheeling Gull Isle sour handover
666 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Missionary
Dinah’s forelegs came up to wrap around his neck, catching Caracal off guard and strangling him more than a little. Instinctively, he lowered his head and brought a foreleg around his child’s shoulders, tugging her closer to his chest and pressing his nose in between her ears.

It’s okay, I’m here, he said, lips brushing her forehead before Caracal added, Hang on tight, spider monkey.

Holding her against him with one foreleg, he very awkwardly and slowly humphed up the wet beach toward the nearby grove. When they came under the cover of the trees, he gently deposited Dinah on the ground and collapsed beside her.

It took him a moment to catch his breath, though as soon as he did, he raised his head a little to look at his daughter and say, We’re safe enough here. It’s mostly just lots of noise and water. C’mere.

Wearily, he pulled her close to him again. They were both soaked, though at least the air was warm. All the same, Caracal began to lick Dinah dry, hoping to soothe any remaining fear she felt.

What’re you doing out here, anyhow? he asked, some crabbiness sneaking into his voice before he caught himself. I’m not mad or anything, I’m just worried about you, Dinah Marina, he assured, giving her a squeeze. Do you know how dear you are to me?
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
sour handover - by Caracal - July 04, 2023, 08:14 PM
RE: sour handover - by Dinah - July 04, 2023, 08:59 PM
RE: sour handover - by Caracal - July 04, 2023, 09:15 PM
RE: sour handover - by Dinah - July 04, 2023, 10:16 PM
RE: sour handover - by Caracal - July 04, 2023, 10:44 PM
RE: sour handover - by Dinah - July 04, 2023, 11:21 PM
RE: sour handover - by Caracal - July 05, 2023, 08:28 AM
RE: sour handover - by Dinah - July 05, 2023, 10:19 AM
RE: sour handover - by Caracal - July 05, 2023, 10:28 AM
RE: sour handover - by Dinah - July 05, 2023, 08:28 PM
RE: sour handover - by Caracal - July 05, 2023, 09:08 PM