Moonspear sweater weather
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,954 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
He didn’t make her wait. The instant Njord appeared, striding toward her, Meerkat’s heart lifted. She smiled demurely as he ranged nearer, his nose skimming a familiar trail along her neck. It never failed to warm her, sending little jolts of electricity to the tips of her toes. She returned the favor, combing her teeth through the fur framing her mate’s face before pressing a lick to his cheek.

I’m feeling… Meerkat said, prepared to say one thing but then pausing as she reflected on these past few weeks.

Being bedridden had given her a lot of time to think. Her mind had been particularly restless these past few days in the healing den. She drew in a deep breath and trapped it in her lungs as she looked at her husband’s face, then to the mountainside behind him. Meerkat took a moment to take in all their surroundings before blowing out the breath, low and slow.

Come with me, she said, reaching for his paw and grasping it, giving it a quick, reassuring kiss before dropping it and moving away.

She didn’t go far, smiling at her husband’s surely questioning expression as they fell into step along the foot of the mount. Meerkat didn’t speak until they matched their stride perfectly, six of her footsteps syncing with four of his. She pointed her nose north.

I want to move to the copse, mo chride. Our girls are growing up and finding their own ways in the world. They don’t need us as much anymore. This village is strong. It can spare us too. Even if it’s just the two of us, I want to make it ours. I want to be settled there by the time we bring more children into the world.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
sweater weather - by Meerkat - October 10, 2023, 10:11 PM
RE: sweater weather - by Njord - October 12, 2023, 07:10 PM
RE: sweater weather - by Meerkat - October 12, 2023, 07:37 PM
RE: sweater weather - by Njord - October 13, 2023, 11:08 AM
RE: sweater weather - by Meerkat - October 13, 2023, 11:37 AM
RE: sweater weather - by Njord - October 17, 2023, 10:41 PM
RE: sweater weather - by Sialuk - October 18, 2023, 09:05 PM
RE: sweater weather - by Meerkat - October 18, 2023, 09:29 PM
RE: sweater weather - by Sialuk - October 23, 2023, 04:43 PM