Wheeling Gull Isle amen
666 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Missionary
He felt his paw slip into his mother’s. Caracal gave it his best reassuring squeeze. He tried to smile at her too. God was here with him and he was going to be okay.

He heard something hit the floor and glanced past Towhee to see two small objects settle on the ground beside her. His mom didn’t react but Caracal couldn’t stop staring at them: two little white squares covered in black dots.

“Okay, Cackle,” God signed resignedly, “it’s time to go. I’m gonna take you somewhere where nothing hurts anymore. And I’ll be with you the whole time, okay? And more importantly, you’ll always be with me.”

She stood up behind Towhee—she stood on two legs, freakishly tall—and moved around to his other side. Caracal felt comforted as she bent down and picked him up in her arms. He let out one last breath and pressed his face to her chest, feeling the beat of her heart and knowing he would be at peace there.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
amen - by Caracal - October 16, 2023, 09:56 AM
RE: amen - by Towhee - October 16, 2023, 10:06 AM
RE: amen - by Caracal - October 16, 2023, 10:16 AM
RE: amen - by Towhee - October 16, 2023, 10:26 AM