Sun Mote Copse and she'll promise you more
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,954 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Sleep deprivation was no joke. Meerkat wouldn’t change a thing, though tending @Otter and Skipjack all hours of the day and night was taking its toll on her. She knew the pups wouldn’t be so demanding for long and she yearned for the sleep she would get then, though Meerkat simultaneously didn’t want to rush things.

I love you more than words can possibly describe, did you know that? she murmured to them this morning as they nursed. Even though it feels like my nipples might fall off at any moment and you insist on abusing the very same one every mealtime, Skippy… she murmured, huffing a dry laugh as she kissed her son’s head. Or would you prefer Jackie?

Before he could react—not that he was remotely aware of his mother’s question—Meerkat sensed a presence at the doorway. She knew, liked and trusted everyone living in the copse, so her tail began to stir. She tiredly sniffed the air, confirming her younger sister’s scent before Jr’s shadow literally darkened her doorstep.

Come in— the overtired mother said, then realized her error.

Stumped for a moment, she looked around herself. Her tired mind suggested she toss one of the babies Jr’s way. She signed a lot, so that meant she had strong arms and quick reflexes. She could catch them! Meerkat snorted at the absurd thought, then found a small stick and tossed it toward the doorway instead, just hoping Towhee Jr would understand the invitation it signaled.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
and she'll promise you more - by Towhee Jr - March 14, 2024, 04:28 AM
RE: and she'll promise you more - by Meerkat - March 14, 2024, 08:16 AM
RE: and she'll promise you more - by Towhee Jr - March 15, 2024, 03:15 AM
RE: and she'll promise you more - by Meerkat - March 15, 2024, 08:43 AM
RE: and she'll promise you more - by Towhee Jr - March 16, 2024, 05:36 AM
RE: and she'll promise you more - by Meerkat - March 18, 2024, 08:11 AM
RE: and she'll promise you more - by Towhee Jr - March 23, 2024, 04:58 PM
RE: and she'll promise you more - by Meerkat - March 25, 2024, 08:53 AM
RE: and she'll promise you more - by Towhee Jr - March 31, 2024, 04:54 AM
RE: and she'll promise you more - by Meerkat - April 01, 2024, 08:16 AM
RE: and she'll promise you more - by Towhee Jr - April 06, 2024, 06:18 AM