Alpha*
-I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.-
1,635 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
All Welcome 
It did not go unnoticed to the hunter that the wolves the came to Moontide were not seeking him. He usually met them because he was leader, but it was Chakliux they moved towards. Even when wolves came to his door half dead they were not at ease until the seal hunter came upon them. Even callyope preferred Chakliux's presence to Rodyn's which he didn't mind. The seal hunter was vibrant and mysterious.

Most men would have allowed this to burn into them like a seed of doubt. But Rodyn was not built this way. He realized perhaps it was time to no longer lead. He had lead for Samani. He had kept the pack going for her. But he was not a vibrant leader. He was a steadfast one. A plain man wearing an ill fitted suit.

He wished she was here to ask. He wished she was just here. He tilted an ear forward and found himself walking along the beach further and further. Yellow eyes taking in the sun as it rose. Perhaps it was time to leave. But wouldn't that be an abandonment. Or perhaps things just needed to change.

He sighed and settled finally, near Samani's resting place. Firm and steadfast. Loyal to a fault as the sun began to rise.
Interested in Moontide? Rodyn is always available for threads.
Loner
1,360 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Coach
as usual, he was restless, and instead of settling down to sleep at dawn, he wandered still.

rodyn, aditya called out softly, coming upon the man on his own, the rising sun glinting red-gold off his dark brown pelt. he looked contemplative, and the elder lingered at the periphery. do you mind if i sit with you?

he hadn't forgotten the alpha male's look upon their arrival, and still felt some measure of guilt. more mouths to feed was always stressful no matter what season.

he had words, but he'd save them until rodyn's response. no use speaking until he knew the man was comfortable with it.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,635 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn understood the restless feeling that so many had felt. He himself felt it, nearly every single night. When he woke up and realized yet again that Samani was not near him. He would not wish this grief on anyone. And yet he also would rather have this one than the one poor Simbelmyne had now. Not knowing sounded awful.

Rodyn tilted his ear back and glanced towards the older man. Offering him a kind smile. Not at all. Please sit. ARe you hungry? I may have a snack around here?
Loner
1,360 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Coach
oh, no, thank you—i'm okay, aditya replied, giving rodyn a grateful smile. truthfully, i haven't had much of an appetite lately. getting old and all. . .

he settled beside rodyn with a sound between a groan and sigh, the latter escaping his nostrils as he watched the western sky start to lighten as the sun rose behind them.

i wanted to thank you again for taking us in, he went on. i know it's not easy, with more mouths to feed—especially a lot of children. we certainly wouldn't have wanted to impose, except with dutch leaving—our numbers grew too small. we had no choice.

aditya looked at moontide's patient leader. i'll be out looking for him soon, he told rodyn. if we can't find him, then we'll move on. but if he's sick or hurt out there, and we can bring him back—that's my top priority.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,635 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rosyn nodded his head. I don't often eat myself. Though I usually forget

He was always moving about. It was a winder he managed to keep his stocky frame as of late all the moving he did.

Rodyn heard the age in the rattle of his breath. And his heart went out to the man. He eyed him to make sure he needed no assistance and then returned to his vigil.

Rodyn shook his head. It is no hardship. You and yours are family and Moontide has been blessed with strong hunters. No need to apologize either. I'm glad we can be of help.

Rodyn shook his head. There is no rush. Even if you don't find him. Though between you and Chakliux I have no doubt you will. Anyway you need not worry about leaving. You always have a home with us.
Loner
1,360 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Coach
rodyn was far too gracious—though he supposed he'd take the same approach in the younger man's paws. he'd always been more than happy to help those who needed it, and find a way after the fact to support them.

thank you, he murmured. he looked toward the sea, which was just now being touched by rising sunlight, the glimmer almost painful to look at—directly, at least.

i am going soon, though, adi went on, giving a shrug. chakliux and i discussed this. if i can't find him, then he says he'll go. he cares a lot about dutch—they're bonded, and i'm glad my son has a friend in this world like that.

he fell quiet again, enjoying the gentle morning breeze against his cheek, the first morning rays on his pelt. his eyes slowly closed, and remained so when he spoke again.

the sea is my home. i am so happy to be back beside it.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,635 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rosyn would help those he could until he couldn't anymore. Usually at the expense of himself. But why add hate to a sometimes brutal world.

Rodyn smiled. I feel sorry that I didn't get to know Dutch better?

A look over the sea. A soft chuckle. I had never been to the sea until I came here. But Samani, she loved the sea.
Loner
1,360 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Coach
well, you will, when he comes back, aditya replied, emphasis on that 'when.' he had been trying to keep the hope alive, that arjun would return, or that he'd find his son in his search. at the very least, maybe it would manifest something positive.

he looked over at rodyn, face falling as he noticed the wistful tone and past tense. samani, adi repeated softly, tilting his head ever so slightly.

it wasn't exactly a question—unless rodyn wanted it to be. he knew all too well that speaking of the dead and (or?) gone could be painful. he left it up to the other man to speak; if not, he'd move on and let her spirit rest untouched.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,635 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn smiled then. But he was unsure. Not because he had doubt that Dutch would come back. But because Rodyn kept his circle small. And he was unsure as of yet if Chakliux was even staying. But that was a thought for a different day.

Yes.

Rodyn was unsure what to say. How could he encompass all that was Samani into just a small story to tell so easily and so quickly. He could not tell the man how her laughter made his chest ache. And how when she ran she was beautiful and her scent stayed on the wind long after she had been gone. How did he say how he could have gotten lost in her eyes and he loved everything about her. Her heart, her soul, everything. And he loved her still. That he wished it had been him instead of her.

What would you like to know of her? I ask, because there is so much to tell. I could keep you here for days.
Loner
1,360 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Coach
aditya shook his head quickly in assurance. nothing you don't want to tell me, he insisted. i've loved and lost, rodyn; i know how hard it can be to talk about that.

he looked to the sea. not only did he see coelacanth there, but now dawn, and easy; radha, and tytonidae.

the latter especially, for he knew she had passed on for sure.

but if you don't feel comfortable saying anything, i understand, he added.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,635 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn chuckled. It's not taht I Don't wish to tell you. It is that there is so much to tell you. To talk about her is easy. To miss her is hard.

he smiled then and tilted an ear. I met her when I was fairly new to the teekon. I was determined to make my place and then there she was beautiful and happy and so full of life. I was taken with her in a minute.

He shifted. She loved to run and dance. She loved the sea more than the forest. It matched her eyes. She loved fiercely and big.
Loner
1,360 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Coach
again, the past tense did not escape him. he noted it, taking in rodyn's words with a gentle nod. paying quiet homage to the woman that this man mourned with words so beautiful, they broke his heart.

i'm sorry for your loss, adi murmured. she was wonderful, i know it. the souls by the sea—they're very special.

the two men sat quietly for a moment, aditya mulling what to say next. the sound of waves upon the shore and squawks of distant gulls kept them company.

she lives on in you, here, he said, sure of it.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,635 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn was learning to navigate a world without Samani. He was learning how to be better and be present. But it had been a hard lesson.

Thank you.

Rodyn smiled and nodded his head. That she does. Our son Panuk is starting his own village. He is a lot like his mom. I see her in him often.