Neverwinter Forest ease my mind
Pledged
Moongrove
but there's a part of me that recognizes you
454 Posts
Ooc — siv
All Welcome 
she looked for the familiar, bearish form of @Panuk in the cool morning. it was a relief for the weather to at least give her mornings to be without heat suffering.

she realized that while she saw samani in his eyes, it was @Rodyn who had given him shape.

it was not lost upon her.

her path cut up towards the northern reaches of the trees, where the coolness of the near glacier may comfort her.

"inuktitut" || "common"
Moontide
Alpha*
-I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.-
1,635 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn was at a loss. He didn't know what to do for moontide and he was scared. There was no other way to put it. He was scared that the future of the pack was at risk and he was unsure what to do. If Chakliux left with his family unfortunately the brainchild of Samani would fail.

He found himself nearing the forest where Panuk stayed. But veered along its side. It was sort of his son's claimed land and he would not traipse across it as if he belonged.

Though he did stop for a minute. Ears perked forward to admire the large trees and breath in the heady aroma of loam and forest. Feeling it lock into his chest and squeeze.

An autumn wolf with an autumn son who now claimed autumn land. The irony was not lost upon him.
Interested in Moontide? Rodyn is always available for threads.
Pledged
Moongrove
46 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The wind in the trees carried her scent to him. Pan's thundering paws carried him swiftly. The sharp color of his eyes traced the bark of the sentinel forest. He had come to know it and long for it. Very much the same way that his mother had longed for the smell of the sea. 

Aunty, the young wolf "boofed" in greeting. His breathing was heavy as he made his way to catch up to her. He didn't see his father yet.
Pledged
Moongrove
454 Posts
Ooc — siv
she did not hear the hushed steps of the trained man of moontide yet.

it was the voice of panuk who called to her with his joyous sound. she slowed her search so that he might come alongside her.

walk with me, she invited him to join at a pace that was a casual stroll at best. it was then she thought she caught the shape of something familiar.

her voice offered a warm call to them. the scent of saltwater not lost upon her.

im so lucky i get both of you <33 if anyone would rather have a 1v1 instead of a group thread, lemme know tho!

"inuktitut" || "common"
Moontide
Alpha*
1,635 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn heard his sons joyous voice, but not the words therein. So they were not for him. A turn of tail about to depart for he didn't wish to impose.

But a strong lyrical howl broke the silence and it called for him sort of. So he stayed his paws and lifted his own nose too add a short burst of a hello. But he stayed firm in his steps.

A curl of an ear, he looked a bit boyish as he waited.

awesomesauce <3
Pledged
Moongrove
46 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Pan fell into step alongside Callyope. His massive body was imposing. Were it not for the warmth of his round face, he might have seemed threatening. There was too much softness in the young wolf. There were too many good things that fluttered about in his empathetic heart. 

The sound of a familiar voice turned his head. 

Dad! Pan howled out.
Pledged
Moongrove
454 Posts
Ooc — siv
go to him. show him he is welcomed here as any moon wolf. her voice was a hushed thing for panuk and she gave an encouraging bump of her nose against his shoulder.

she would follow behind him, but not in a rush.

let him be the first face his father sees, let him show others that there is still happiness in these woods. even with the losses that had occurred.

"inuktitut" || "common"
Moontide
Alpha*
1,635 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
The call out of dad pulled a smile from the hunter. His tail wagged in slow joyous circles against his legs. As he searched the undergrowth with yellow eyes.

His son's darkened pelt letting him know he was in sight.

A paw raised in happy, joyful reunion.

Hey Panuk! A fatherly kiss and hug if his son would allow. A gentle run of laughter in his throat.
Pledged
Moongrove
46 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Pan didn't hesitate at Callyope's suggestion. He turned and galloped toward his father's voice until he came upon the familiar shape of him. He looked older. He looked a little more tired. But Rodyn's eyes lit up with joy. And Pan's expression shifted to match - round and bright and full of love. 

The earthy young wolf bounded to Rodyn and pressed his chest against his father. 

Hi, dad... his deep voice was soft with adoration.
Pledged
Moongrove
454 Posts
Ooc — siv
it healed her to witness them together.

it reassured her of light left after loss. rodyn had lost a wife and still he beamed brilliantly. callyope had lost a sister, still she would learn how to smile again.

she did not wish to speak just yet. too touched by the scene and feeling some sliver of guilt. callyope could see panuk whenever she wished when they remained here together, but this was something special for the father and son.

stay with us. have this forever.

but he had moontide. he had memories and members who needed to be tended to by the bear-faced hunter. she could not be selfish twice over and steal him from the coast.

could she?

she stood, silent but warm in her body language.

"inuktitut" || "common"
Moontide
Alpha*
1,635 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn was greeted by his son and a soft thrum in his heart to see him again. So much like him, yet soft and sweet like his mother.

Hello!

A light in his voice. A laugh of joy. Let me look at ya.

He squeezed his boy tighter and then slowly backed up to look him over.

Strong and sure and steady. You're doing well?

A crinkle in his brow, laugh lines at his eyes.

He shifted to see Callyope. And raised a paw in greeting.

Heya Callyope!

Eager to let her know he saw her, he wasn't ignoring her, but placed his attention back to his son to listen.
Pledged
Moongrove
46 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Pan beamed with pride at his father's praise. It felt good for Rodyn to recognize his growth. And he was big. The strength of the trees seemed to exist in his youthful figure. There was a natural strength in him. It had very likely come from Rodyn. The body of a bear with the eyes of a woman lost in the sea. 

Aunt Callyope and I are working to make the forest a home, dad... Panuk explained softly. His jade eyes shifted to his aunt and he could not stop the way his tail flagged at the sight of her.
Pledged
Moongrove
454 Posts
Ooc — siv
it felt odd to be here.

taboo, nearly. as if she looked upon something through someone else's eyes. this was not her place to be, not her sight to witness.

she thought of samani so suddenly, so strongly. she might have turned away if she felt her limbs. instead she is rooted to the spot. only smiling when the man speaks to her.

if a spirit stirred within her now, used her to view upon this world, perhaps it was best to stay. to let it see so that it could rest.

he speaks truth. her own tail waved to gaze upon him. tentatively a few steps closer to the father-son pair. it is not so far from moontide...

she did not think she need tell him he is welcomed here, but it is there as the true message of her words.

"inuktitut" || "common"
Moontide
Alpha*
1,635 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn was averse to the presence of Callyope. He didn't mind that she was there to see him greeting his son.

HOwever, he was not privy to how she felt about it. Or that he would make her think of Samani. He always considered that Samani ahd been her families first. So they would not think of the two together when their time together was not as varied as the time she spent with family.

He shook his head with a smile. No it isn't and would I have chosen a place for a home. This would be a good one. But i have always been partial to forest and loam.
Pledged
Moongrove
46 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Pan nodded his head in soft eagerness to his father's words. He understood that in his core. There was a deep fondness for the trees that he had learned in what was to be Moongrove. The earth and the air and the touch of the wind made the entire wood breathe with life. It was a peaceful place. And it was the place that Ariadne had wanted to make her home. It was easy for the young wolf to decide that this was what he wanted. 

It will be a good place to live, dad... the boy said to his father. 

And I will have family all around me. You should- You should come to visit all the time. 

Panuk would love if he could have his aunt in Moongrove with him and his father as a frequent guest.