Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Private 
For @Osprey!

Maybe have them aged at around a week? She'd still be blind and deaf but at least a bit more self-aware =D 

--

Though the world was dark and soundless the tremors of life proceeding around her were as vivid as paintings in a museum. She saw in vibrations; in the teensy variations of shuffles and steps from those that cared for her. She saw in the touch of their tongues...through the tenderness of each kiss and sniff that both brought her from slumber and lulled her back into it. And as the awareness of herself grew stronger she began having thoughts that coupled with the sightless sensory. One such thought kept rising, kept stirring, and she mewled pitifully to herself as her muse-less tongue failed to articulate in such a way that satisfied her desperate need to communicate.

The thought itself was abstract and foreign but she turned her blind, deaf self so that her face tilted back to cast an unseeing glance at the muzzle which had brushed against her moments ago.

I love you, she thought to herself.
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
Osprey had not counted days that had passed, since the arrival of the youngest additions to the Donnelaith ranks, but she found that she had settled into the role of a mother easily. Aside from feeding, cleaning and rearranging the little guys throughout the day, there was still plenty time to sleep and with having Dante or anyone else from the pack hanging near their home, she allowed herself to pass out completely.

The most amazing thing were the moments, when she could just watch them, a simple action (where nothing really remarkable happened), but mesmerizing. And though she loved all of her children equally, the youngest daughter (who also happened to be the calmest and most quiet) was becoming her favorite. Something about her felt familiar and the elder could not wait, when the girl would be able to do more than just sleep and eat. 

She had been busy washing the bigger girl's ears and back, when out of the corner of her eye she spotted that the youngest had lifted it's head and turned it so, as if to face her carer. "Would you look at that..." Osprey cooed and reached over to pick the puppy up and place it in the free space between her out-stretched forepaws.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
I noticed in your profile your links were in traditional format...if you change it to [*p=LINK]NAME[*/p]  (remove the * stars) it'll turn into a link! Took me a while to figure that out haha!
--

A great effort was met with a huge reward; for her attempt to boldly 'look' upon her Mother she was treated to the tender clasp of jaws around her body. An instinct buried so deep that one wouldn't know where to begin to find it kept her still from the moment Osprey's breath washed across her back to the point where she was settled down betwixt to long barriers. She turned her face to bump her nose on one foreleg and then the other...exploring it with all the wonder of the child she was.

Wasn't a belly. Wasn't a sibling. Where was she?

Her little niblet of a tail wiggled as she crawled clumsily around in a semi-circle to try and navigate her new habitat...the struggle of moving such a worm like body escaping her in humorous grunts and groans.
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
ooc: thanks for the tip! I am usually very lazy in updating my profile, but I did it now. :)

Osprey observed the little one's struggle for a bit, finding it cute and amusing and not for the first time, wondering, whether she ever had been this small and helpless. Hard to believe, but most likely true. She smiled, as she leaned down, nuzzling her daughter's soft baby fur and giving it few swift swipes with her tongue to clean some of the dirt away. The girl smelled lovely - of milk and that specific scent only very little children have. 

"Feeling lost?" Osprey asked, nudging the newborn closer to her chest, in case it began to feel cold.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Aha I'm still getting accustomed to things being different from WWS format myself! Glad I could help =D
---

The touch of her Mother, though ever so soft, might as well have been the hand of God to the infant pup. A bit of air squeezed out of her at the nudge and she was turned without struggle as the cadence of her grunting rising to muted squeaks during her acclimation to the new direction she'd been pointed in.

No matter she thought confidently to herself. If Osprey was there she had nothing to fear...of this mindset she was already certain. Her tail gave an unknowing wag and she stumbled forward until the silken hairs of her Mother's breast brushed her face. Belly! she proclaimed silently as her toothless mouth opened and began excitedly chewing at the fur.

...not belly she self-corrected as she found nothing but dirt and skin in the silvery canvas; her tongue began trying in vain to dislodge the long guard hairs from the roof of her mouth.
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
"Hungry already?" Osprey asked, watching the puppy explore the area of her chest and it's attempt to suckle, which did not go well, because some of the fur ended up in the little one's mouth. There was not much the mother could help with, she therefore licked the girl's face few times (though the puppy was as clean as it could get already) and lifted one of her forepaws to push the girl back to the familiar quarters. Lucky for her the other two guys were sound asleep, so if she wanted to eat, the field was entirely hers.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
It was fortunate indeed that the bulk of Osprey's undercoat had for the most part already been lost for the upcoming summer. Only a few sprigs of hairs stuck persistently to Wraen's mouth and she smacked her lips together to try and purge the foreign bodies...the effort of which was forgotten as she was goaded forward to more familiar territory. Ahhh she thought smugly to herself as the map that was her Mother's body began to take shape.

She struggled forward on her little legs and latched onto the teat that was more or less the property of her larger siblings. Wraen was not in danger of being starved but she was definitely not privy to the more valuable real estate of Osprey's belly. She obviously relished the opportunity and drank deeply...a purr of content rumbling in her chest as little droplets of milk collected on the corners of her lips with each tugging suckle.
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
ooc: "real estate of Osprey's belly..." :D

"You are a sneaky one," Osprey murmured, watching the kid take advantage of her siblings' slumber and having her fill at the best part of the milk factory. She leaned over to nuzzle her daughter's nape and then let her eat undisturbed. With a sigh she cast her glance towards the den entrance, eager to hear Dante's familiar footsteps. Due to the lack of prey in the Donnelaith territories he took it upon him to go beyond the borders and bring back whatever he could. Some days were better and some days were not - and it hurt Osprey to see her mate's struggle and disappointment on the unlucky days. She did not want that their shared responsibility for the kids became a reason to doubt himself.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
I've got a couple more threads that I forward dated that I'm going to be throwing in to keep activity and muse up =D I'm having a lot of fun writing for these characters again =D Feel free to conclude at any time or to continue on...I'm good with either!

--

Being little had its advantages. She did not struggle to feel full...she did not hold knowledge of a world where hunger crippled the bellies of most. Osprey's body gave to her all she ever needed and wanted. Though sometimes, when Danta was unable to bring meals often enough, Wraen sensed an emptiness in her Mother's milk that made the pup feel dissatisfied. It was a far stretch to say that the littlest DiSarinno was suffering from the burdens brought on by the famine. However there was a clear margin of growth that she'd not caught up to yet; case in point being the two bulky blobs slumbering in the crook of Osprey's waist.

Still. Life was good...and in this moment it was very good. Wraen detached only after it felt like her sides might split from the volume of food she'd ingested and she sighed deeply in content. She found herself abstractly yearning to know more of this caregiver which she so dearly loved... to do more with her. Little did she know that within time it would be so; if only time, and the famine that riddled it, would be kind to them both.
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
ooc: I will conclude this one and we can have another one, whenever you would like to have it. :)

"Sleep well, little one," Osprey turned to the girl, when she had finished eating, and gave her an affectionate lick on her belly. After that she had little time to think about gloomy future, because of more immeadiate matters that needed to be sorted out. The larger ash colored girl and the boy had woken up with cries, demanding attention, love and being fed. With a sigh the tired mother repeated the already set routine, now and then casting her glance at her youngest, who was sound asleep and calm, wandering, why couldn't the other siblings be the same way for once.