The Sentinels You say... love is a temple
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
All Welcome 
ooc: is set for the future, when the puppies are a little more mobile. Pack members welcome, so are the kids. :)

The last few days had been quite hot, the sun scorching the already barren land and wind sending dust everywhere. Therefore, when the dark clouds gathered at one corner of the bright blue sky, the air became stuffy and charged and the wind began to pick up, even Osprey, who had never been any good at weatherwatching, knew that heavy rainfall was on it's way. She had left the trio for a moment to make a short trip to the nearby stream and have a drink, but now with a thunderstorm on her heels hurried back to her home. 

The first water-ladden drops hit her, when she came in the clearing and, once she had slid in the cool and welcoming darkness of her home, the rain was coming down in full force. With the kids still asleep, she lied down in the entrance, watching the welcome change in the weather. Water had to be a good sign, didn't it? Though the locusts had eaten everything green that was above, the roots and seeds still lived underground. Perhaps the much-needed water would give them strength to sprout up again.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
This looked too lonely!

--

Thunder. It crackled and growled in ways that urged the pup to remain clustered with her siblings in an effort to survive the tremor running down the walls of their den. She was frightened of it, and even more-so frightened by the absence of both parents, but she denied the compulsion to hide deeper in the shadows and remained in the comforting company of her littermates.

A sigh of relief escaped her with Osprey's galloping approach...and although she was still frightened by the mystery beyond the den mouth it was the strange scent of rain that drew Wraen forward from her comfortable nesting spot next to Terance and Sarah.

"Mama?" she inquired, her tone light and her face apprehensively curious, before a round of thunder sent her skittering beneath her mother's belly so that she could press her face against the silken hairs of her protector.
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
"Hey, little one," Osprey greeted her youngest daughter, looking down at the small figure with loving gaze and admiring that, despite the shortage of food (though - thanks to Dante's valiant efforts, she got to eat something almost every day), the girl was steadily growing into a lovely, little wolf. The fear of losing any of the trio to the famine was still strong in her mind, but she strongly believed that they would make it through. All things - great or bad - come to an end at some point. So would this too. 

"Sometimes I wonder, if it would not be easier to be like plants, feed on ground, water and sunlight. Would you want to become a flower?" she asked Wraen with a smile. Wraen did not reply right away - she did not at all and Osprey forgot about this idea alltogether, when she began to play with the girl. Soon after the other two woke up, eager to catch up anything that they could have missed.