Duck Lake you could be my remedy
i gave until my soul hurt
315 Posts
Ooc — Ash
All Welcome 
AW, but tagging @Constantine in case you want to join. :)

After leaving Mona, Eilidh went in search of her brother's whereabouts. She hoped to scope out Blacktail Deer Plateau, and perhaps even the Sentinels, though she feared what she'd find there. After leaving her sister in Flycatcher Downs, Eilidh turned northwest, following the spine of the Sunspire mountain range. Near a meadow she scented a pack, but since she did not recognize any of the scents, she kept going. She held out hope that she'd find her brother, but part of her heart also remained logical. She'd been gone for years, and Constantine could be anywhere at this point.

If she didn't find him at the plateau or the forest, she vowed to find Charon and ask him. She didn't know him well, but he had been her alpha for a brief period, and he might know something. Eilidh paused on the shores of a small lake, wading into the shallows to beat the head radiating around her. Half-soaked and thirst slaked, the gossamer healer padded beneath the copse of aspen trees and flopped down in the underbrush, seeking refuge from the midday heat. After a quick nap, she'd continue her journey. But for now, rest was the best course of action for her tired body.
Trades
Caregiver (5/5) / Medic (1/10)
Naturalist (0/5) / Botanist (0/10)
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
The duck lake was a goldmine within otherwise heavily populated and barren land (for a lone hunter anyway) and Wraen, who had made a discovery of it the last time she had wandered around the valley, returned here today. She first started with practical matters by testing (and scaring in the process) some of the ducks, which were resting on the shore and were hiding in the grass. After nine misses there was very, very near hit, but she had miscalculated her attack, the bird slid from her grasp, leaving a lot of feathers in her mouth, but swimming hastily to safety. 

Wraen continued along the shore, sniffing and tracking, until her attention from ducks was diverted by a fresh scent of a wolf nearby. The closer she came, the more intense the aroma was, amplified by the evaporating water. And then between the branches of the bush she caught sight of white pelt. "Oh, hello," Wraen greeted the stranger, then moving around to be face to face with the other. "Everything alright with you?"
315 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Eilidh had just settled into a comfortable position when the ducks erupted from the serene water, honking and flapping their wings. Soon a wolf found her hideout, and though Eilidh didn't mind company, she mourned for the nap she lost. Hi, she replied, lifting her pale head to stare through the dim underbrush toward the other. Everything's fine. Just enjoying a bit of rest from the sun. It was hot out in the sun, and as the mid-day heat continued to blaze down, Eilidh felt sluggish. But she could nap anytime. Perhaps this girl could help her find her brother.

I'm Eilidh, she introduced herself, standing up and stretching, making just enough room in the dim space for the other, if she chose. Then she waited, hoping that perhaps she'd ask what she was doing here, or else where she called home. It felt odd to just offer that information without cause, though she desperately hoped to reunite with her family. If her search was unfruitful, she knew where to find Mona.
Trades
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"Good to know," Wraen replied, evident relief in her voice. "When out in the wilds one never knows if a lying person is dead or dying or just sleeping," she elaborated a little on the reason of her asking and at the same time recalling meetings with Phoenix (who had pretended to die) and Bernard (who had been about to, had she not asked him not to do it). 

"Wraen," she then gave her own name. "Around from here or a travelling loner?"
315 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Eilidh nodded, allowing a small smile. It was true what Wraen said; you never knew if someone was dead or resting. Eilidh had seen much of this in her travels. She hoped to never experience such unease again. 

I'm somewhat of both, she said, wondering if she'd ever again find her home here. I was born in these wilds, but have been gone for a long while. I'm returning to find my family. She sat up then, stepping slightly into the dappled light. It was rude to lie down while speaking to a stranger.
Trades
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"That is intriguing," Wraen remarked, noting that in a rough draft Eilidh's life story sounded like her own a little. "I was born in these lands as well and left as a little kid," she said and went on, "the place was located not far from the sea and was called Donnelaith. My mom and dad were leaders there for a while along Mayfair family, who run the place."
315 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Eilidh had not expected anyone outside of her family, let alone a stranger, speak the word Donnelaith in her presence. It wasn't that she shunned the word, more that her hope for hearing it spoken again had died long ago. But she brightened visibly at the utterance, and smiled softly, studying the girl more closely. Then she realized what was so familiar about her, the dark coat of grays and whites, the coloring and presence of Dante. I'm from Donnelaith as well. I'm Eilidh, Lasher and Blue Willow's daughter. She squinted at the girl in jest. You look much like Dante and Osprey, if I'm not mistaken.
Trades
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"You are not mistaken - I  am a nice blen of the both," Wraen nodded, feeling just as excited for the revelation than Eilidh was. Up until now this girl was the only Mayfair she had met and "an original" one as well. Meaning that she had been present, when Donnelaith had still existed, and knew both of Wraen's parents. 

"This is really like meeting a hero from a legend," she added, albeit a little bashfully. "I grew up with the stories about you and your family and my parents' time here. What about your siblings? Are they somewhere here as well? I don't recall well the names of the boys, but there were twins - Emaleth and Deirdre, if I am correct," she recalled the names with a furrowed brow.

They spoke for a little while longer and then their paths took them different ways.