Fox's Glade To the forest again
105 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
Sorin trotted quietly amidst the spruce trees, his gaze searching. He had seen the forest not long after leaving the large plain to his north, and went to investigate. Forests had always held a great appeal for the rugged male. They offered protection in more ways than one, and Sorin found that he could relax among the trees as he fell into ingrained habits. The dark male stalked from shadow to shadow, wearing the darkness like a cloak to conceal him. It was in this guise that Sorin felt truly at ease, for although it was connected to his past, such an activity had kept him on numerous occasions.

Suddenly, Sorin stopped as he saw movement ahead of him. He stood totally still, scanning the forest ahead of him. A flash of red fur caught his attention. He smiled to himself as he beheld a fox stalking a mouse a little ways ahead. The small predators had always amused him, especially in the winter when they dove through several feet of snow in orsit of prey. He sat down in the shadows, continuing to watch the fox, thinking back on how his mentor had told him to observe all predators, for they each had a lesson to teach. A bittersweet smile graced his lips as he remembered such advice.
this is my book
and i know how to work the spells and charms in it
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
merrick had gone out into the world to explore.
armed with a taller height, a heavier build, and an older age than he had been the last time he exited bearclaw, the boy was confident in his travels. the glade of foxes was not far, and along the way he caught the scent of both mona and piper. if they had come, albeit some time ago, why couldn't he?
shadows engulfed the boy; he trailed the musky scent until his eyes too alit on the hunting fox. the coypup scarcely breathed; he hunched in the underbrush, eyes wide, but it was not the fox who commanded his wariness — it was the fierce dark man who sat not far off, laced with scars and imposing.
105 Posts
Ooc —
Sorin watched the fox with interest, seeing the animals careful pawsteps. Suddenly, the small creature leapt forward, catching the mouse in its jaws. The fox quickly began to eat its catch before disappearing deeper into the forest. Despite himself, Sorin smiled briefly at the predator. Foxes had taught him to appreciate the small things.

Sorin stood, stretching his legs and scanning the forest ahead. Suddenly, he became aware of another scent in the air, that of a wolf. Sorin eyes flashed as he peered searchingly into the brush, picking out the shape of a young wolf nearby. The rugged male relaxed upon seeing the other was little more than a pup, probably less than six months old. Sorin smiled at the youth, his normally neutral expression melting into a more relaxed and contentful one. He had never been able to keep his ferocious facade up around the young ones.

"Hey there kid," he called out in an encouraging tone. Addressing those much younger than himself by "kid" was a habit he had picked up from Viggo. It was his mentor used almost exclusively with Sorin. "My name's Sorin. I won't hurt you, I promise Why don't you come out, tell me who you are." He smiled again, but didn't step forward. Better to let the youngling come to him, instead of trying to impose himself on the kid.
this is my book
and i know how to work the spells and charms in it
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
innately mistrustful, merrick was nevertheless soothed by the general demeanour of the stranger. sniffing the air in the man's direction, the boy drew in the scents; bearclaw was not among them. this made the wolf a potential bad guy, but merrick was willing to weigh the odds. he wasn't a chickenshit, after all.
"hullo," he mumbled, tail moving in a wary wave. slowly he approached, gingerly, and stayed out of reach of an unexpected snap from the rogue. "i'm merrick." he did not draw his gaze from the stranger, more than a bit awed by the battleworn ferocity of the man called sorin.