Ankyra Sound And even though I listened, I never heard a word they said.
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Her son.  There had been no other prisoners as far as Rosalyn knew, but there had been young men, and one or two.... she thought of the ones who had threatened her.  Perhaps there was some resemblance.  To her, if those were the wolves she spoke of, then better he was there and not here.  But she kept that to herself because even she wasn't stupid enough to tell a mother her son was better lost.

I've been inland, and hated it.  But there's other beaches, and the ones south have no less appeal.  Have children, only to see Drageda rend them for daring to show their faces in the fields.  Watch them grow, hating and fearing.  It brought Rosalyn back to the conversation she'd had with Erzulie, and she wavered on asking.  Did she really want to raise children here?

It isn't like last time, she continued, shifting her gaze to the sand. I'm content to follow, and I owe you a debt.  Once I'm healed, I'll fight whatever fight you wish to make, no matter how pointless I might think it.  Too many failures in recent times had worn her down and while she reserved some confidence, she was tired of throwing herself at the jaws of fate and being thrown to the ground.  

As long as you have Erzulie's trust, you have mine.  And she even wants to start a family here.  As she said this, Rosalyn glances towards Caiaphas, wryly judging how she took that.  Some wouldn't like a pairing like theirs to have children, and Rosalyn knew she hadn't done much to earn the right.  It might even be a terrible idea.  But she'd said she would ask.
Messages In This Thread
RE: And even though I listened, I never heard a word they said. - by Rosalyn - January 26, 2019, 06:29 PM