Oystercatcher Tide Pools do the journey, who are you?
time falls like moonlight
317 Posts
Ooc —
Away
All Welcome 

Wisked away by the cold winds, she wandered off from the curious Wilds, but something drove this Maiden back. A feeling that crept up her the pit of her being, that found it haunting her heart and soul, she knew what one was trying to tell. Something was here. something she could not let her curosity go, for when she left, her mind drifted back to the extravagant lands.

Miriams paws lightly tread the fields of sand, where treasures laid in the pools as the waves drifted forward and back to abandon the unclaimed beauties. Wisps watched curiously as each new wave carried forth newer prizes, but took away what was previously there. Some clung to the pits, but all was to be taken back to the waves, and to the sea.

She watched, for an unknown amount of time.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Wraen had traveled along most of the Sequoia coast in her life and yet it could still surprise her. Like a treasure chest with multiple secret drawers, each containing a precious gem, time from time she would stumble upon an entirely new area to astonish and amaze her. 

Like the tidepool corner, which was bordering with the Shadewood keep's claim. It was possible that these were hunting grounds for the wolves of the nearby forest, but saltwater was good at erasing the slightest notions of scent marks or footprints. Or maybe the territory was of no particular interest to the inhabitants, quite simply, because at a first glance - there was nothing useful here. 

Wraen would have turned around and left as well, after her initial inspection of the stuff that had been washed ashore, was not fruitful. But it was for the odd she-wolf in the distance, who seemed to be very focused at something in the pools. This sparked interest and courage to approach her and ask: "Anything good down there?"
317 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Though internally felt startled, a white gaze calmly turned back toward the unfamiliar voice of another maiden. She questioned what was to be found, though she yet to actually grab any of the treasures, only watching them being drawn back to the sea, where they belong. Miriam shook her head at the other, softly replying, "They change with each wave." If one wasn't quick enough, the treasure was to leave. But a shame to grab them, as the ocean created such beauties. She was to leave them, and watch each new wave.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Wraen did not get a direct answer from the stranger, but since she herself was in a habit of producing replies that took a lot of detours until they reached the intended destination, she did not mind. Her curiosity was piqued and she drew nearer to the pools to see and understand for herself, what it was that the other wolf was observing. The mussel's did not catch her attention, therefore she settled for the sea-weeds that were the most obvious objects. But they did not change much, apart from moving with the waves. "What do you mean?" Wraen decided to ask for more clues.
317 Posts
Ooc —
Away

While the critters wiggles and played till the ocean took them back, she watched the specks that was drawn with them. Abandoned homes, from the clams and the critters, all who left their cozy places for a new, and bigger one to call their own. A paw lifted, and slowly did it drift down onto a single shell, but broken and destroyed it was. Perhaps a creature who once was in it, struggled to get out, or the waters itself had it ruined. But Miriam flipped it, showing the beauty of the underside of a shell. A scallop, perhaps, or simply another mussel. She was not aware of what creatures lurked with this brownish red shell.

Fascinating, she thought.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Wraen's companion was not much of a talking kind, but she did explaining well by showing, what had caught her attention. Once the shell was fished out of the pool, she drew closer to inspect it carefully. Whoever had lived inside, had abandoned it a long time ago. It smelled of sand, seaweeds, saltwater and cold. Odd-looking thing, to be honest. But then it occurred to her that she might bring one of them for kids to play with. The Firebirds were so far away from the coast that it was not likely any of the boys and girls there would be able to go to the ocean before they were at least a year old. 

She picked it up tentatively, it's porcelain-like smooth surface uncomfortable against her teeth and put it down on the sand. Then she went back to the pool and peered down to see, if she would be able to pick out another one.
317 Posts
Ooc —
Away
She felt light, brightened despite the porcelian doll facade that continued to show, Miriam was pleased that the other showed interest. Though she understood, while beautiful they were, they were not smooth like a sunny day at sea, but rough from the storms that shook it's poor soulless form. Inbetween one's teeth wasn't the most pleasant of feeling, and even she hesitated to fully lurch over to grab it, and only grazed it over to bring to themselves.

"Treasures of the sea." The lady softly whispered, as she too joined in the search for more, unaware of what the other was thinking on the homes. Though she did not know that the other would like to take home, and when she did find another, Miriam simply pushed it back to the waters once looking close, only to watch it disappear once more, and new ones to come forward.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Wraen continued to fish for the shells in a comfortable silence. Now and then she would look up to see, what the smoky gray clad maiden was doing. But she did not seem to be inclined to throw words around and Wraen did not press her company either. 

Half an hour later she had managed to collect five shells and regarded them proudly, when it occurred to her that there was no way she would be able to bring back home more than just one. Darn... and coming here four times to retrieve them all seemed pointless either. Oh, well... she would have to think of something else.

"You are not from here, are you?" Wraen turned to the she-wolf - now that she had given her plenty of time to remain in her own world, perhaps she would be interested to share some secrets. "Though you do look like you have emerged from the ocean itself," she added. It was true - there were some similarities with nereids from the old tales.
317 Posts
Ooc —
Away
A pile had stacked, and it seemed there was no intention to throw them back. Miriam remained silent to this act, respecting that the other desired to keep her posessions, for each to their own in their lifeline. Her Lady, she knew, in all her kindness, would not care for such an act if she became the same, but still kept the temptations away.

Gently did she turn, to nod at the question, "The lands are unknown to me," she softly admitted to being a newcomer. While she had seem some of the lands, most were a blissful mystery to the maiden, and she only knew of the exotic coast. Though unfortunate, she did not come from the seafoam, and only tucked her head with a bit of an embarassment from the compliment. Maybe she looked a bit odd, as a meek appearence was shown, but a stoney face remained, "are you familiar with these lands?" she shyed away from the comment, and redirected a question back.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Not much of a talker, eh? Well, Wraen could talk for both. This person quiet and introvert (maybe shy too) as she may be, did not possess that particular quality (or curse - call it, what you like), which could shove a foot in Wraen's mouth and make her feel very, very awkward and at a loss for words.

"I have not sniffed out every single corner, but I have got a rough impression of the area still," she explained. "I have been on the coast before, but I had not visited this corner up until today. I am more familiar with the lands South from here. There are more forests. Where do you come from?" she formulated the question slightly differently and asked it again.

They chatted away for quite a while and then left for home, fondly remembering the ash-coloured she-wolf and their time spent together.