Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Private 
@Avery 

Wraen realized that it had been quite a while, since she had spent time with her little friend and avid listener - Avery. After that one night spent watching Northern lights and swapping yarns, there had been many excuses, why not to repeat it soon after. All related to either number of duties that had to be fulfilled or the exhaustion, when everything had been said and done. 

But the influx of new members, which had made Wraen feel left out a little of inside matters of the pack, had made her realize that forging new friendships and taking care of existing ones was just as important as scouting, hunting, guarding and taking care of diplomacy and, whatever unforeseen troubles came her way. 

Eager to have an evening, during which she could relax and share something she enjoyed - storytelling - with someone else, she stopped by the busy, but cozy home of the youngest Blackthorns. Wraen's face lit up and she called out to her companion: "Avery, are you in?"
74 Posts
Ooc — Kim
When Wraen arrived at dusk, Avery was pleasantly surprised when the caretaker called for her by name. She lifted her chin from her paws where she had been resting near her rock collection — having grown tired after sorting them — and any fatigue she felt slipped away as she stood with a wagging tail.

Hi Wraen! she said cheerfully even as she stretched her front and back legs. Her tail didn’t cease its movement. She stepped towards the Sovereign, eyes bright with questions. What’s up? she asked.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Avery was there and responded right away - Wraen met her with a cordial smile and, if allowed, a friendly bump against the other's cheek. The girl was as tall as Wraen now (this assessment might be subjective, because the Sovereign did not let anyone be taller than her in her mind; what she lacked in size, she compensated with self-confidence), but had not yet lost a glint of childish curiousity. And the story-teller sincerely wished that this would never happen either.

"I thought to offer you an evening out - I think that we spent a very grand time with the Northern lights last time," she explained the reason behind her visit. "That is - of course - if you wish to and do not have any other engagements."
74 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Wraen was quick to explain the purpose of her visit, which was to invite Avery out for some star-gazing. Of course, the girl was elated. She nodded her head eagerly. Y-yes please! she chirped excitedly. She had admired the night sky many times since hearing Wraen’s stories, although it was much more enjoyable with a companion.

Where should we go? she asked, wondering if Wraen had a particular location in mind.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"We can have a good time and be useful and see the eastern border along the river," Wraen suggested and it was quite clever, because river and the nearby mountain built a natural wall against any possible wrong-doers from outside. 

"How are things going for you?" she asked, when they had begun walking. Avery had recently entered the grown-up ranks, which meant that childhood was left behind now.
74 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Wraen’s suggestion had multiple intentions; they could do some star-gazing while also ensuring that all was quiet on the borders. Avery eagerly nodded her agreement as she fell into step with the older female.

Conversation came naturally as they headed to their destination. G-good, the young naturalist replied. There had been shifts in the makeup of their family lately, along with her ascension into adult ranks, but the world seemed to be turning around her while she stood still, observing. She was quiet and not always the most social, but that didn’t mean she wasn’t taking it all in.

I sh-should start thinking about a second trade soon, I think, she said, glancing at Wraen as she spoke.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"And, what would that be?" Wraen inquired, realizing that though she had known Avery all her young life, she knew very little, when it came to the girl's interests, thoughts and desires. 

"If you are more inclined to go out in the world and explore it, I would suggest talking with Maia. She's the best companion you would want to have on a journey and she would never say "no"," Wraen said confidently.

"We have quite a few hunters here as well. Large game, small game, tracking," she offered. "I don't see you as a mercenary type though, but I think it would be very useful to train a bit regardless. At least so much that you can defend yourself and buy time to flee a dangerous situation."
74 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Wraen followed up quickly with a question, and Avery found she wasn’t prepared to answer it. What did she want to do? Naturalism had come, well, naturally to her, and she had a vested interest in many aspects of it. She was an average hunter and hadn’t really done much exploring or sparring. Whatever she ended up choosing, she kind of suspected that it would be more of a necessity than something she loved; but she was okay with that.

I’m not sure y-yet. How did you choose your trades? she asked. Wraen had already offered a few suggestions, but Avery wanted to hear her own anecdotal reasoning behind her decisions.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"I didn't really," Wraen shrugged. "I just followed and mastered, what I enjoyed doing and what I found interest in," she elaborated. "Storytelling came naturally for me - it is a great example of trade that you cannot force to learn, unless you truly have interest in it," and a bit of a talent as well. 

"And I became hunter of small game, because - well - that was the main way I was sustaining myself anyway. I am not good at organizing group hunts, because I find it a lot easier to be one-on-one with my prey and plan the moves accordingly," she mused. 

"Based on this - learn something you enjoy and... don't be afraid to take time and search for, what fits you the best. Experiment even," Wraen concluded.

They spent a pleasant evening together, spinning yarns and talking.