Blacktail Deer Plateau and in the morning when you rise
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
AW but maybe @Erzulie ? :3

The trip to the beach with her sisters had gone spectacularly well. They had played like children, and talked, and most importantly, caught sight of that little island. Vowed to explore it and take a look around. 

That evening after returning home, Huā dreamt of the island. With its hill that kissed the skies, and its not-too-distant shores. She dreamed of resting on that shore alone, sunbathing. Gazing back at the mainland where everyone else lived, and enjoying the peace she found in that place. Having it all to herself. Paradise, she thought, and awoke with a start. 

It was cold outside, and the still air was quiet as Huā lay alone. Her seaglass eyes look around expecting to find something to have awoken her, but to no avail.
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
going to say this happens after if that's alright!

She and Erzulie had spoken of many things and now, in a small way, had retaken a piece of their destiny.  Rather than spin off on their own and force Rusalka to stumble, they had chosen to hold onto the pieces of it worth keeping and nurture them.  Aningan, Nieve, Clementine, Raleska.... and the new too.

She'd met Hua a few times before but they hadn't actually spoken much.  Once she'd been too preoccupied and the second Clementine had been there.

The woman was thankfully awake when she came.  Hua.  She greeted her, at least recalling the name.  Would you want to walk with me?  There was no weight behind it, and she was free to refuse.  She just wished to speak and perhaps know her better.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
From the darkness came a figure, Rosalyn. She had had a couple of interactions with this woman now, and yet they knew little of eachother. The first time she'd met her on the beach, the wolf had just been an annoyance, disturbing her peace and asking her questions about things she knew nothing of. But now she was a packmate- and not a bad one, at that. Nothing like that Tuvak boy. That was enough for Huā to pull herself upward with an uttered, "Sure."

Stretching her legs, she yawns off the sleep. Heavy lashes pluck themselves apart as she walks to stand by Rosalyn's side.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Thankfully the woman agreed.  If she hadn't Rosalyn would have gladly left her to her own devices, but now that she had made her choice, she knew she needed to grow accustomed to joining the pack once more.  These past weeks she'd had a tendency to allow a fog to consume her, drawing her more towards isolation.  The temptation was still there to continue that, but she'd shoved it aside, replacing it with an easy smile and a nod.

I met your... sister?  She said you come from the southern coasts.  She began, wondering again how far they'd begun from her own home.  How have you found Rusalka so far?

As she asked this, she began to lead them in a leisurely walk along the river.  It was chilly, but altogether not a terrible night.  It would be time to sleep soon, but she was restless.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
The woman starts by bringing up her sister- their origins. She nods curtly- the southern coasts had been home once. Now they were haunted by some evils which Huā wished never to return to. She shakes away the memory, and focuses on the question that's pointed at her next. 

"Rusalka... I like. Mostly is good. I don't like Tuvak... but everyone else nice." She laughs light-heartedly. But the grin leaves her maw as she continues. "But... I am not sure, if this really home. Change is hard. Very different from my first home." She sighs, eyeing her paws uncomfortably. She did not want to hurt the woman's feelings by voicing distaste, but Huā felt some honesty would be valuable.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Discontent seemed to be a popular feeling within the pack lately.  Briefly, with some exasperation, Rosalyn wondered if anyone felt this place was home.  More and more she was reminded of Saltwinter and it's collection of oddities, tossed together with the necessity of winter and nothing more.

She chuckled.  Different, eh?  That was hardly surprising.  This was not a shore and the winters were long here.  She felt the cold in her bones nowadays, though Hua seemed hardier in her youth.  Howso?  As with Nieve and Raleska, Rosalyn tended to do her homework when it came to pack.  It was curious to her how often a wolf could look for a home, yet be incapable of describing such a place.  Rosalyn herself was no different lately.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
The woman chuckles at her words, wondering how the place was different. She could go on and on, but she opted for an answer short enough. Here is not beach. And... where I come from.... Should she say that much? Would she come off as arrogant, rude? Where I come from, respect is on age. Older is wiser, younger not have experience. But here, sometime, the young rank high than old. She shakes her head as if tossing away the thought. I think is just culture shock. I be used to it soon... Sighing, feeling as if she'd done something wrong.

She looks back up at Rosalyn, seaglass eyes shining curiously. If you not mind me ask... why here, children can be outspoken? Are not... are not you afraid of their, um, bad behavior?
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Rosalyn did well with criticism.  She'd always been self aware enough to have some field of vision on her faults, and this had served her well so far.  It was a large part of how she'd survived this long.  But hearing her children called out, first vaguely, then directly, brought a sharpness to her.

We have no children in Rusalka, Rosalyn asserted when she had finished, a bit of bite behind the tone.  Then she caught herself.  She understood cultural differences, but that didn't make it easy to hear.

In Rusalka, ranks are earned.  They are not given based on age.  Every member of this pack is an adult who has proven their worth and earned the right to speak.  Her voice was firm and, while it was cooler this time, there was a bit of warning in her eye.  She liked Hua well enough, but she wouldn't hear such talk from someone who had no history with them.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
we can wrap this up whenever, since a lot has happened !

Her reply was sharp, tense. Her eyes told Huā she ought to be cautious. It did not go unnoticed by the siren and she felt herself do the slightest shrivel at her words. She had only been curious, wanting to learn. But this woman saw it as an attack on her children. Huā, having never been a mother, could not understand the feelings a mother felt for her children. Could not understand the instinctual protectiveness. In her perspective, Rosalyn was just rude. 

Huā didn't agree that all of them were adults- they obviously weren't. But she kept that to herself. She was quiet then, afraid to inquire more- lest she ask more questions and get answered with a biting tongue. The only way to learn, then, would be on the job. Finally she gathers her words, finding some awkward way to reignite the flame of conversation. So, um, you grow up in place like this? Or... once, was different to you too? She wonders with a curious look at the scarred woman.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
She let the subject drop, which was just as well.  It was hard for Rosalyn not to feel overly protective of her children; she'd always given far more worth to the things she loved.  She'd had so few friends and constants in her life.

I grew up on the shore.  I lived near it, and loved it, for a long time.  Sometimes change is needed.  she responded.  Her feelings on the coast were complicated and not something she necessarily wanted to get into at that moment, but it was an honest answer nonetheless.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Finally a commonality- Rosalyn too, had grown up on the shore, lived near it. Even if they'd grown up very differently. Huā chooses to ignore the comment about change being necessary- change was hard, and she preferred to go back to the beach. Not stay in this place which made her feel claustrophobic, the sky blocked out, the sea faraway. 

Huā gives her a little nod, awkwardly. She felt there was little for her to say; Rosalyn had made her feel she could not be as open as she wished to. They would go on walking for a little while longer, something like small talk exchanged between them, before going on their ways. Huā would contemplate her thoughts on Rosalyn's character and personality on her own.