Neverwinter Forest Kiss me, hold me, take my hand
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
All Welcome 
Wasn't spring supposed to be all cheery and stuff? He felt like the air hadn't been void of some kind of falling water in like three weeks. Okay, wasn't nearly that long, but at this point he was getting tired of it, wanted things to be warmer and just generally have things be more positive.

It was starting to drive him a little crazy, mostly just tired of being damp. Then again, maybe it was also his fault, considering the most shelter he had was the trees. Maybe a real den was an okay idea. The rain was also dampening his ability to hear things as well -- the pitter-patter of the water made a nice veil of white noise that hid most of the rest. Mal wound his way from tree to tree, standing up close to the trunk of one before moving to the next, pause. You know what, maybe the sound would make it easier to find a snack, have something useful come out of this stupid weather.
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
985 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
Unlike for Mal, the rain and welcoming and pleasant for Aiolos. Having been a man much of his life surrounded by some sort of water source, he found comfort in the sounds of the water. The ocean, the creeks, the falling rain... He moved through the forest in a lazy lope, the water soothing his bones, darkening the mahogany points of his fur and brightening the fingers. He shakes out, hairs then spikey and standing out wildly, the waters dripping from creamy chin hairs. He yawns, stretching back on long, lean legs. The sound of another's approach is the only thing that brings him alert. It takes but seconds to recognize the unique pattern of the forest king.

Hello. He greets only and simply. He was far less talkative around men, perhaps due to the way in which he was raised. Women were the product of all his attention whilst men, well, were only competition in his way. If he was going to conform, he needed to break himself out of the crap. After all, he was beginning to realize slave or not, he would always be a subject of use and abuse so as long as he let it be so. You dont seem to be enjoying the rain...?
moonglow daddy
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Mal, of course, had a whole different pile of baggage that he contended with, not tied to gender but just tied to specific people. The change of make-up of his pack from being mostly men to mostly women wasn't at all an issue. It was weird, sure, but whatever, stuff happens. Hey. Yeah, it's been way to wet lately -- I'm ready for the weather to change. Bit of a grin there.

Asking if Aiolos had settled in was a little bit odd since he wasn't really a member, so Mal opted for a different approach, Have you had a chance to have a training session with Simmik or anyone yet? He wasn't sure if today's foul weather would do anything to cause a rest day sort of thing or what. He'd never been a fighter and he'd never been trained in anything either. Who knew what people wanted to do, you see.
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
985 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
To Mal mentioning ready for the change of weather and offered a grin, Aiolos couldnt help the equal smile which crept over his features. I live on the beach... an island, actually, at this point in time, Its always wet. He couldnt help the bit of chuckle. Aiolos though liked the wetty terrains. For him, it meant life could strive within, be it the marsh in which he was born, the islands which he lived, on inland amongst rivers and lakes. 

I have, Simmik and Lenny both. @Lenny it was more of a refresher spar and some pointers. Without a bit of practice every so often you begin to forget some things and may get a bit 'lazy' with it. It was the same with sharpening and honing any skill really. I've been sticking with @Simmik mostly. We've had a few lessons. He had tried his best to keep with his little 'apprentince' for the time being while he was here. It felt less awkward being with someone then when your wandering someone else's home without direction.
moonglow daddy
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Mal was certainly not a wolf of the sea. Of course, his interaction with the wolves ages ago had been a different kind of trauma. Not exactly a place he wanted to go revisit unless he had to. At some point he should but for now, naaaah. Yeah, not my thing -- guess it's another reason to be glad I got encouraged to go elsewhere. Think I'm happy here after all. Smirk. 

He listened to the update. Good. I hope you're able to teach her a lot -- I know she was looking forward to being able to learn from you. From what you've seen so far, what do you think? By the time it's time for you to go, do you think she'd need a second round of tutoring later or what? How long did it take people to learn to fight anyway? Maybe Lenny could fill in some gaps too. Or something. Yeah. That was the key right there.
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
985 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
Aiolos red shoulders rolled at his comment, saying how the beach really wasnt his thing. For Aiolos it wasnt just likely the smell of the sea salt, the food on the beach or the open sands and rolling hills to run freely. For Aiolos it was also a part of his religion, believing in Moon Mother and Sea Mother, his Goddesses. 

I've taught her quiet a bit and she has a lot of potential. Her build makes for a good warrior, one for the front lines to really take on some of your larger fighters. She is headstrong, but needs to focus her energy. It will all come better with time and practice. You could not master anything overnight and while Aiolos was here training, he was sure there was a number of wolves out there who could easily take him on - bigger or smaller. 

A good thing is, you also have Lenny here. And @Valencia alone was quite the fighter. Slighter then Simmik but faster, smoother. If they continue to practice with one another with the pointers I gave, I see them doing well for your ranks.
moonglow daddy
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Mal was just glad that it seemed like she really would be able to achieve the goal she wanted. Mal wasn't sure what he wanted to do himself, but at least this was something he could clearly figure out and had dealt with (finally). All and all, he was happy with the results. Maybe he'd have to actually spar with Simmik too -- he was pretty sure he'd get absolutely trounced though, even if she was fairly new at it all.

Good. We'll have to see how things go over the longer term too. I'll have to talk to Ying and Hua -- maybe there'd be a reason to have one of ours to help out you guys in return. I'm sure there's some skill that'd be of use, just dunno what right now. Got any clue what you might need? There were other things he needed to talk to them about too, so might as well pile on a few things in one meeting and get 'em all done at once.
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
985 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
Aiolos nods firmly to the molted colored Alpha and let's out a heavy breath, his muzzle tilting out to the side and upwards towards the heavens in thought. The rains still pitter-paddered around them and he blinks out the rain from his gaze. We have quite a few good hunters and warriors alike, even some sky-readers. He didnt know if Mal would know what he meant, but either way he turned his head back down with answer to his question. I could be wrong, but I've not noticed a healer in our ranks. Maybe you have one that could offer some lessons? It was a thought, though by the time he returned home, who knew what new members Yuelong may have gathered.
moonglow daddy
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Sky readers? Huh. Like weather or something? That was his guess at least, but in true Mal fashion, he didn't say it aloud. But hey, they did seem to have solved that "we have no medic" problem that was an issue for a while.

I think we might have two wolves that might be willing, but they both either have a pup or are going to have some... So it might be a while before either would be able. But I can talk to them and see who might be interested in the future, and let your pack know closer to when they'd be able to do so. And it'd turn out to be kind of an awkward thing maybe anyway since Hua, Cupid, and Aibreann all were having his children. Oops? Well, at least he didn't know about Hua's yet.
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
985 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
Aiolos listened, Mal confirming that their pack had two woman who were practiced in healing techniques. Aiolos knew of some - of mud and cobwebs and of course sea salt cleaning the wounds (though painfully). He didnt know much at all however when it came to the use of plants, flower, seed or barks but had seen it all done before, especially when he was the patient being treated after a spar or battle.  

I understand. If anything, later, perhaps it would be easier still if one of our own came here. Like now. He spoke, referring to himself. This, after all, left out the risk too of his members possibly drowning should they get caught by the shore when the sand bridge started being covered. At least we know where to go, should medical attention be needed. He would shrug his russet shoulders.
moonglow daddy
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Seemed kind of awkward if their wolves just kept coming here, but honestly, it didn't sound like a completely awful idea really. That could be a good solution. I'll see what makes sense -- see how they're feeling once the last litter is here and the first is older. I'm sure I'll be by the Island at some point so I can let you guys know then. Except he would end up being amazingly distracted and totally forget. Oops? Hopefully you guys don't need any special medical treatment any time soon. It's not like we're right next to each other. But yeah, if something really awful happens, I'll definitely see if we can help. Mostly because he liked Hua, so of course he'd help her pack -- okay, and yes, it was returning the favor and stuff.
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
985 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
Aiolos couldn't help the smirk which touched his features at the mention of 'hoping' to not get into any trouble anytime soon. However, being a part of Junshi, which was a cluster of wolves specifically set out to offer their more physical strengths to the local packs, it would seem more then likely at some point Aiolos would get into a scrap. After all, he had been told to come here in order to train these forest wolves for a reason. Bad ass eggs being out and about and all. 

I'd hope so. The fiery man said only, shaking out his coat which sent water droplets from the rain flying out from his sides. Think I'll sniff out @Valencia, see if she wants to have another go. I'll catch you around, okay? He spoke, dismissing himself from the Neverwinter lead, pausing for his last remarks before heading off. Aiolos didnt often associate himself much with other men and doing so could only last so long.
moonglow daddy
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Mal, on the other hand, had no issues talking with people, no matter what gender they were. He wasn't always the absolute best conversationalist, but he tried, and sometimes even knew when to not push his luck. Here? It was just naturally the end of the conversation and there was no point to dragging it out. So, he'd bid Aiolos adieu for now. Sounds good. Just let me know if anything comes up. And thanks again for what you're doing. Mal was feeling better about his pack's security, at least. He was sure that they could do with a bit more work overall, but it was a good direction and he was pretty sure that things would work themselves out in the end for the best.

Well, the best, assuming he didn't royally mess things up in the meantime, that was always an option.