Sun Mote Copse Yeah, I'm a turner; I turn pages all the time
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,967 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Pranks? The youngster paused, tilting her head, then resumed digging. She didn't know where either the top or the hole were located, exactly, though hopefully Maia would clarify at some point in her instruction. In the meantime, Meerkat enjoyed the frenetic energy flowing through her as she joyfully excavated. It was hard work but oh so fun!

She paused again, panting now, when Maia praised her ptero. She never really thought about her signing, it was as mindless as breathing. Nonetheless, she beamed and replied, -"Thanks!"- Impossibly, her grin grew wider at the next question, to which she replied, -"He's a cougar who watches puppies and eats them if they're bad! He wears a crown!"- She was pretty sure that was how the story went.

There was more to it, of course, but Meerkat felt an overwhelming urge to keep digging. So she began again, panting out little snatches like, "But I'm a model citizen!" and, "I can use this tunnel to report to him!" in between heaving and hoeing.

The frenzy of it eventually caught up to her and Meerkat slowed, then stopped altogether. She backed away from the hole, covered head to toe in mud. She looked down at herself and smiled despite her weariness. She sort of wanted to collapse right there and take a nap... but there was so much more to do and see! There was no time to sleep now.

-"Hey, Maia, can we go find a puddle and explore s'more and then come back and finish digging?"- the pup questioned a little breathlessly.

Wanna wrap this one? :D
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: Yeah, I'm a turner; I turn pages all the time - by Meerkat - August 27, 2020, 11:58 AM
RE: Yeah, I'm a turner; I turn pages all the time - by Maia - September 15, 2020, 11:18 AM