Stone Circle Is This Home?
This is my art, and it is dangerous
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Joining 
Nyra had been gone for more than half a year. 
She had spent time away, attempting to grow accustomed and familiar with the ways of the stars, the trees, the weather, on her own. 
The snow-white female approached the border with a tired huff, looking around to see if she could see any of the Easthollow wolves. 
Seeing none, she lifted her head and howled, hoping her call would be heard by @Valette , @Greyback , or even the both of them at once.
She had gone in an attempt to return to share her travel stories with Nanook, her mentor, in hopes to be given a smile of pride at her efforts. 
Her ears slanted back. She had left without saying anything to anyone. Would she be welcomed? Would they be angry at her for just leaving like she did? 

The girl tucked her tail slightly with a worried whimper as she waited.
Fury is in peak condition
Health (100/100)
Fury claims a +6 buff in all combat dice rolls
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette was called to the border by an unknown voice. That usually meant that it was a stranger willing to join. The Matriarch made her way to the border. It was usual her task to accept people. She approached with a light trot, her tail up and proud. Her approach was neutral, not overly friendly or mean. She stopped before the girl, a pale and young female, at least that was what she gathered.

"I'm Valette. Matriarch of Easthollow. What brings you here?," she asked. She didn't recognize the female since she had never met her. So she assumed the young female was unfamiliar with their pack.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
"I was here once before, little over half a year ago. My name is Nyra." Nyra answered the Matriarch after a small pause. 
"Greyback had allowed my entrance then, and I was assigned Nanook as my mentor that same day. I ended up leaving soon after, to try and learn some of the skills she had talked about, like reading the stars, the weather...on my own." 
The girl paused for a bit longer this time, taking a deep breath "I wanted to make her proud, and I thought if I tried to show a lot of dedication to what she wanted to teach me, then that would...that would make her proud of me..." 
Nyra slanted her ears back and dropped her gaze to the ground "I know I should have told someone about it before I left...It was irresponsible of me to just vanish like that. Would you accept my apologies?" 
She still had not lifted her golden gaze to meet Valette's eyes.
The girl's body language was telling of guilt for leaving unannounced, and hope, to be allowed entrance.
Health (100/100)
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette watched the female. She spoke about being here once before but she had no, memory of the female ever being here. She gave the female another glance over. Nope, nothing. "I don't remember you," she honestly returned. She always disliked wolves that were allowed in and left without a word. It was extremely disrespectful to the female. But the female seemed to have proof that she had been here as she spoke about Greyback and Nanook. "You know it is quite disrespectful to leave without a word especially since you have been accepted in our family, eaten our food and was protected from harm."

Valette had a strict gaze on her. "Nanook passed away, recently," she then spoke. "Who am I to hold a grudge or be mad at someone I didn't even remember," she added then. "But if you want to have a second chance here in Easthollow you are going to have to prove yourself. I won't be made out a fool twice," Valette stated.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Nyra's expression changed from anxiety and hope as Valette spoke, to pure shock, despair and sadness "Nanook is gone...?" The girl whimpered softly.

She didn't want to believe it. She had looked up to her, for the short time she had known the ruffled-looking woman. 
Shaking her head, Nyra felt tears forming in her eyes. 
"I shouldn't have left. I should have stayed here. I should have proved myself by staying, instead of leaving like I did. Maybe then she wouldn't be dead..." 

Nyra took a few moments to try and get herself together, but every time she looked back up at Valette's strict gaze, she felt more and more guilty. 

"I..." The snowy girl started weakly, "I appreciate you being willing to allow me to prove myself here. But with the news Nanook passed away, I...I don't think I can allow myself to find a place in Easthollow anymore. Not after the stunt I pulled." 
She tucked her tail and started to turn away, but paused, looking back at the dark-furred Matriarch "I wish you, Greyback, and the rest of Easthollow well, Lady Valette," Nyra offered a small, solemn smile with flattened ears "May the food in your lands always be plenty, and the water forever be pure. It was a pleasure to meet you, but now I...now I must bid you farewell. Again, I wish everyone in Easthollow the best. You and Greyback especially, have my respect, and my condolences in Lady Nanook's passing." 

With that, Nyra offered a deep bow of her head before she finally faced the direction she had came, and walked away.
Her form, a few yards off, picked up into a trot before she eventually fully disappeared.
Health (100/100)
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette nodded at the female when she was so shocked to hear that her sister died. Valette's face hardened a bit. The female shook her head at the female's words. "No, you wouldn't be able to save her," she returned harshly. "She died defending her family from a cougar and there were serval deaths," Valette returned, making it pretty clear that the female would not be the changing factor to Nanook's death.

Valette was pleased to hear that the female at least had some reflection on how she handled the situation wasn't ideal. It made the matriarch take the edge off a bit towards the female. And with that the female was already saying goodbye, wishing them well. She wondered how much good that would really do. "Thank you," she just commented. She would definitely ask Greyback if he even remembered this female. She watched the female take her leave. And within a few moments, the female had vanished from sight.

- end -