1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
[/ooc] 
Time: twilight, a week and a half before Nyra is at Easthollow's border

The snow-white girl had wanted to stop and rest for the night. It was a long journey she had made, and who knew how much longer she had to go before she reached her destination? 
Looking around with fiery golden eyes, she sniffed the surrounding areas for signs of other animals. 
None she found.
But, maybe she was too tired to really catch anything on her nose. 
With a sigh, the massive she-wolf plodded into the first of many caverns within here that she might end up coming to find. 

Few things were truly set in stone, after all.
Fury is in peak condition
Health (100/100)
Fury claims a +6 buff in all combat dice rolls
"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future."
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Donovan has been occupied by his favorite past time, or one of them — exploring caves. He’s always found it exhilarating and every time, or almost every time, he’s explored one of many dim caverns in these lands, he’s found something interesting. This time seems to be no different, though he doesn’t know it yet.

As he pads through the cave, further and further he goes, he see the fading light like a pinprick of hope that he has found an exit. He can’t even count how many times he’s gotten lost in these surrounding mountains.

Just before him there is a slight, snake like curve within the dim hallway of stone. He head towards it and his claws tap tap tap on the floor. Surely audible enough for someone who’s near enough to hear. Though his moderately new injuries that are beginning to scab over and look absolutely revolting and painful prevent him from walking normally. If one listens close enough they could tell the sound of a slight limp in his step. The starburst wound on his shoulder along with the multitude of teeth slash marks prove to be just as painful as they were a few days ago.

It happens quickly though, his hulking form turns the rounded corner and bam, there’s another wolf in his sights. Only a few meters away he stills. His head that was previously level with a strong back lifts and the dim light shines off of the scabs that run horizontally on his muzzle and chin. He can’t help cracking an interested smile as his eyes blatantly rake over the others from finally meeting their eyes.

Coin gold meet the others honey hued irises much like his own. “Oh.” He hums in a weak show of surprise. “Who might you be?”
This is my art, and it is dangerous
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
The moonlit girl had been plodding along, stopping briefly at the sound of claws clicking on the stone floor. 
She pricked her ears forward, hmming softly before she continued forward.
Nyra probably would have bonked heads with the male if she hadn't looked up in time to see him mirror her in taking a pause.
Much like she assumed he was with her - she sized him up briefly, meeting his gaze again to hear his hum of surprise, and his question. 
...he smelled like he was from this place, if not a nearby location. Nyra supposed if this was the case, he was justified in asking. 
"Nyra." She replied. Her voice was audible, and probably loud, given their environment. 
Clearing her throat, she answered again "My...my name's Nyra. And, you are...?" 
She took another brief moment to look at his markings. Nothing she was familiar with, especially with wolves, but she couldn't deny that they were pretty, in their own strange way.
Health (100/100)
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
He’s impressed by her size. He would’ve assumed she was a male until her distinctly feminine voice meets his ears, confident as it echoes off of the stone walls. Her smell too is feminine, not musky like most males smell. Usually it’s easy to differentiate. Surely she has to be quite the warrior being a wolf of her size. She’s magnificent and strong with obvious signs of physical power. He already likes her but he’ll have to see if she continues to be this hospital. Most seem to meet him halfway with teeth and the sort.

Nyra is her name and he makes a note of  thought that he’s never heard that name before. Then she introduces herself again but this time just a bit more formally. Formalities are important when it comes to possible allies; almost more important when it comes to enemies. Yet he doesn’t view her as an enemy and hopefully he won’t have to. 

He takes satisfaction in watching her fiery eyes flick over his frame. His body is thick corded with muscle and his stripes bounce beautifully off of the bare minimum of light. Though he’s not as distracted by himself as he is with her. His smile never falters and he quirks a circular cream brow up to her, though not in a rude way for it goes right back before he speaks.

“Pleasure, Nyra.” He hums back, parroting her name to taste it on his own tongue. “Donovan Azura of the Abby. Grandmaster of the Saints.” He offers back. “What brings you around here? You don’t smell of a pack.” He inquires softly.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She notes his title. Interesting. 
"Donovan Azura...what a noble name." She compliments, dipping her head with a small smile of her own. 
Nyra could tell, if only a little, that he was impressed by her in some manner. 
His inquiry about why she was here, she'd have to admit she saw it coming. Really, she might've expected a fight instead, but he had so far been more than civil, and therefore, she would extend the same courtesy.
"I'm travelling back East, to a pack called Easthollow. I have a mentor there I would like to surprise. She wanted to teach me many things I don't have much skill in, and I left, though without saying anything, to try and learn those skills on my own. I just wanted to make her proud." Nyra sighed, slanting her ears back. 
"I can't say I'm confident I will be accepted back though. Not after I disappeared like I did, even if my intentions weren't bad." 
Truly, she was anxious about it. 
"Perhaps, if things don't go well with Easthollow, I will try to find a different pack to join. Loners don't usually survive on their own for a long time. I'm probably lucky, to be honest." She scoffed a little at the luck she had had in her adventures so far. 
Truly, she WAS lucky. It was almost astounding in her mind.
Health (100/100)
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
He allows a rumbling laugh bubble past his lips at her compliment on his name. Then she continues to speak of her reasoning for being here. Donovan is wildly interested by her story. Nodding and expressing as she goes. He says nothing until she has finished.

First he wants to know more of this pack. He hasn’t heard their name yet and if they’re nearby, it’s important information. Though really she tells him just about enough to were he can easily find out on his own. Perhaps his allies would know of the place. He makes a mental note to meet up with Merrick again and discus the surrounding territories. He would probably know more than he does at the moment.

Though besides his interest in the pack, he finds interest in this woman’s mannerisms. Donovan can sense the uncertainty she holds and he smiles brilliantly and waves her off with a large paw. “Surely you’ve done well enough, dear, give yourself some credit. You look quite healthy as well so it seems you can hunt. I’m sure you’d be a worthy pack mate.” Though he doesn’t miss her last statement about finding another pack to join. Donovan’s eyes gleam with curiosity. “I would be honored to have you in my pack if your Easthollow denies you. I give those who search for a purpose just that. We’re all family in the Saints. We just like to dish out some tough love on those who wrongly cross us. As anyone else would.”
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Nyra tilts her head a little at his words. Does she really deserve the credit he says she should give herself?
Possibly...
Then, a weak show of surprise as he offers her a place in his pack, if Easthollow denies her. 
"I'll keep your invitation in mind." Nyra smiled, wagging her tail slightly. Donovan seemed friendly, and therefore she really would take it to heart. 
Though, the girl felt sour keeping potential information from him.

Before she could say anything else, a large yawn escaped her, making her part her mouth to display wicked teeth as every healthy canine has. 
Shaking the yawn off with her head, she looked back to Donovan's coppery gaze "I feel guilty not mentioning it, but I have very little experience in fighting. I wasn't taught much in my birth pack before I came up here, only... enough, for self defense. Every situation I've been in that has had potential for physical altercation, I've saved my hide by rolling over in submission. Luckily, it has rarely cost me a meal. It seems my size does me well in that manner, at least." She cracked a bit of a wider smile at her attempt to joke about her being so big.
Health (100/100)
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
He smiles at the slight wag of her fluffy, white tail. “I hope you would.” Is his simple reply.

Then the snowy wolf yawns, displaying large, impressive fangs. Healthy and clean. She obviously takes care of herself. He finds himself thinking before she continues on, speaking of being unable to fight.

He scoffs comically. “That is something that can be taught. I’m a fair teacher in that trade. I have years of experience and the scars to prove it. You’d make an excellent warrior.” He chuckles with a brilliant, borderline teasing smirk. “I’m sure you can the that bad, darling. I almost want to test you in a spar.” He hums the last sentence with a hint of devilish delight and a playful glint his is honey hues.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Nyra smiled with mild embarassment of his confidence in her skills. 
"I might take you up on that, if I weren't so tired at the moment..." She scoffed softly in return to his temptation to take her on in a spar. 
"It's been a long journey for me. As of the moment, I would be grateful to rest my feet until morning." The snowy woman chuckled. Truly, she was tired. But she wasn't asking him to leave - more so indirectly asking if he would grant her the privilage of sleeping in the caves for a night. 
If so, she'd be eternally grateful and potentially ask for his company for a while longer. If not, she wouldn't mind keeping him company anyway, but would also make a mental note to go elsewhere for rest.
Health (100/100)
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
He nods, understanding her situation. He too is worn out from travel, even just this far from the canyon. His wounds are effecting him considerably. Tiring him out quickly and constantly aching with each little movement. Still he pushes forth, pain isn’t new to him.

“Of course, dear. I’m in the same boat.” He features to the wound on his right shoulder. The starburst injury of raking tooth marks look nasty; still puffed up, but finally scabbing correctly and thankfully no infection. “I’m injured, so traveling takes a toll on me. For now anyway.”

He walks to a miscellaneous side of the cavern and lies down in the cool cave floor. A nod of his head for her to sit with him to continue the conversation. Or perhaps if she truly wants to — sleep. Whether it be next to him in a more than friendly manner or in front of him in a conversational type of way he doesn’t mind, but he almost thinks he prefers the first option. His coingold eyes are inviting and perhaps maybe a little flirtatious.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
The snowy female looked to the wicked-looking wound on his right shoulder at his gesture to it. 
Gods, it didn't look infected, but it still looked royally nasty. He must've been in a fight within the last month...but, for the time being, she wouldn't ask. 
"That's a pretty angry looking gash." Nyra commented softly. 

She followed him as he moved to a different area of the cavern, watching as he lied down on the cool stone floor. Truthfully, even with her thick fur, she was cold. Seeing the inviting look in his eyes with the nod he gave her, she mistook it as simply a friendly invitation to keep each other warm during the night, and proceeded to lie down next to him. 
Nyra yawned again and muttered a quiet, yet audible "Thank you" Before she closed her eyes.
Health (100/100)
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
He watches those fiery, yellow eyes of hers flick towards his wound and she gives a light comment of how bad it looked. To which he could help a smile forming and a enthusiastic yet quiet, “Yes, it did hurt as one could imagine.”

Then as he lies down he can tell she contemplates for just a moment and is almost surprised to see and feel her lie next to him. The warmth of their bodies is just as comfortable as he expects. The feeling of another body on his never gets old. A wordless agreement between the two to keep one another warm. Perhaps he too could just wind down for a moment and enjoy the presence of this beautiful shewolf. So enjoy he does, curling around her, he sets his head on her shoulders. Hoping she’ll allow it, he will soon be off to sleep as well.