Lone Star Mountain You think you know witches from stories and such,
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
All Welcome 
@Germanicus any Whitebark Wolves!

She momentarily went back near to where Whitebark was, only to stumble upon a disaster of a flood, and the chaos that were there members. She offered them to travel with herself and her brother, if they were so willing to take the offer. While her thoughtlines were perhaps not of the kindest of the reasons, Célnes extended with words that the mountain can provide coverage from the flatland floodings. 

In numbers they are strong, and familarity between them.

At the same time, they could prove usefullness. Able bodies to hunt, and a protection in numbers- it gave almost a glimmer of thought to Kindslend. For now, it was the back of her head. The mountains were a savior from the floodings, but she didn't know any danger that may lurk within.

[Image: daypp44-35fafcf4-5681-4f2b-ade7-060f2833...UH7g592rRs]
an hour of wolves and shattered shields
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
the farther germanicus trudged west, the more dour his expression grew. despite his trained control, the soldier was hard-pressed not to turn along one shoulder and look back toward the land where he had left ico.

the bright-gazed woman had led him to a towering mountain, and germanicus was resistant. he did not care for the stone crags, and nor would he cross them without locating the vestal and informing him first. "what are your plans, célnes?" the eaglebound inquired directly, bunching hackles as he stared off into the rainy air beyond the edge of a stone shelf.
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
Her brother was still around, albiet seperated in travelling. The two often seemed to wander, especially when their younger siblings were not around. As Freo was now returning to their old home in a hope to find others, the two older siblings found no reason to keep with each other. Though the same goal still carried; find Kendrick, find the High Elk.

Though it seems, Célnes was picking up others along the way, "I would like to find my lost brother, but at the same time, knowing him, he should be fine. It is just good to know he is alive." She was truthful, for once about the situation. It was the reason why she left Whitebark, and told Germanicus why so. Though now, she truly wondered what should be after.

"The rain has been getting harsh, perhaps find shelter west, or in these mountains for now."

2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
if family was what mattered, why had célnes and her siblings even come along to whitebark? a moot point, he decided, considering that the entire land had been flooded and the wolves scattered. "i will not come with you past this point, célnes," the guardian rumbled low in his throat, a firm statement he meant in totality for her ears.

"there is one in this part of the world with whom i must first speak." he offered no detail upon the matter, merely straightened, stepped back into the rain. "i shall take first watch. you rest." soldier always; nothing could shake that from the eaglebound, nor stay his course. germanicus supposed, in a way, that was how his life had settled into fate. yellow eyes rested upon célnes, waiting for her to speak before he found a ledge overhead from which he might stare out into the rain.
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
"I understand," she responded with an understanding smile, despite a rather negative cloud floating within. A shame, if she simply gained a follower only to lose days later. Perhaps the karma of Whitebark came back, but she thought to leave on good terms. It could've been worse if she left without a word- simple miscalculations, "we all searching."

She'll learn.

"Thank you," and the Deorwine didn't object to it. At the moment it was just the two, as Freobern went home, and Cenric wondered off as usual. She couldn't deny it felt a bit comforting, knowing there was protection to your back, as normally she would be alone. However at the same time, she should not get used to it.

"Will you come back once you find them?" Célnes  gently laid onto the ground, her head high while staring at him with a questionable smile.

2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
his companion seemed to have a mood for talk, and so germanicus slowly stepped back, leaning against the rock face. "it was my plan to return." with or without ico, the soldier supposed, but would prefer to bring the vestal along. existence among the déorwine siblings would keep him always at arm's-length.

but to have a purpose was more acceptable to the guard than wandering. for so long as célnes wished his protection, he would give it. gaze shifted thoughtfully to the drizzle beyond their resting place. "do you think the rain will ever stop?" the man grunted, settling with a silent relief to his tired haunches.
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
A pleasant smile, that she would not loose him. He was a loyal man, that was for sure, and respected him so, even if he was unholy. It was an odd feeling, being among those not of the Déorwine kind, and surely, she was getting used to it. Though couldn't say the same to her more religious family members, and wondered how they faired.

"I would hope so," Célnes looked up, blinking as some of the droplets trinkled onto her face, "my family and I escaped a fire, only to encounter endless rain. Seems ironic, is it not?"

2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
a smile, something rare for the man. "ironic indeed." in his land, they might have said to be cursed by one god but favored by another caused such odd luck to occur. but he did not think the woman believed in any gods, or by now she might have mentioned them.

"i will be your guardian, célnes. it is clear that your loyalty is toward those born with you. this is a fine thing," germanicus rumbled, wondering if he was ill-bred to feel nothing for his own. "i ask only that you tell me before i am no longer needed."
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
She chuckled softly as he agreed so. Perhaps cursed, and so was Whitney. Was this due to this mistreatment of the unholy? She laughed as well, for the fact that such thoughts would be scorned by her family. At least such would not be scorned by some, her brother would judge so, and she could only imagine what her sister would think. Was Kendrick so? Célnes could not tell what was a lie, and what was the truth from him anymore.

"You are a good man Germanicus, I would be delighted if you stayed with us," she said, despite her brothers more ill-taste to such an extension, "I would be delighted if you stayed with us,"

"In our land, the Deorwine, we are not all family- our name, is also given through rituals blessed by our God. We are loyal, to our namesake." Her eyes lowered to the ground as she explained so. It was true, she was close to her siblings, as many would be, but there was more to the name then just the blood they shared. A loyalty, amongst those of the name, and a trust. The High Elk would not choose the distrusting kind, amongst their name.

2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
rituals. gods. a surname. heathens. pagans. where i am from we put you to death, he wanted to snap, but ropes of silk held his tongue merciful. célnes had given him a home and a purpose. he would not betray it, not even when he was repulsed by her narrative.

but he was among them now, her ash-smoke siblings. belatedly germanicus wondered why they all knew to follow her. in spite of his misgivings, he found he was pleased with his choice. "this god of yours," he grudged, "what does he ask in sacrifice?" fire, it seemed. but blood? could the soldier bear sacrifice to a foreign deity?
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
"None." She actually looked at him in surprise suggesting such a heinous crime. Their God was benevolent, there was no sacrifice needed. The Deorwine's always co-existed, protecting his apostles, and in return, he also protected them. Like their family deity, they never preformed such rituals, and thought of it was a barbaric act.

She was like the rest, believing in their god. However every wolf held certain aspects they believed, and didn't believe. She refrained from mentioning the likes of 'holiness,' is to their family. Being closer to the deer, meant having a pelt like so, and most, if not all, carried a brown-inkling pelt. If he met racism, it was due to their beliefs of this. The 'holy' only look of elk.

Though she was never too close to this, as her Uncle Grayson, despite being holy, was a wicked man. He was not holy by any means, and in the end proven so. Germanicus seemed more Godly then the uncle ever was- and coming to this land, no one was cursed, but themselves.

"He is like the God of Life, he with a thousand antlers, wherever he goes, the land is also blessed. Our hope, is to find where he has blessed, and perhaps, we can survive there." 

2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
not a god of blood then, but one of antlers. 

she worshipped meat?

germanicus steeled the expression which threatened to give way to scorn. "he sounds a more gentle god than i have met before," was his only remark. but there was interest in his eyes when he finally opted to ask after more. "how do you know what is blessed?" surely she would not lead them all in some wild hope of seeing her deity made flesh; he did not know if he would respect that belief.

but it seemed this was the way of the déorwine kith. germanicus decided then to know all of it, even if he would never stoop to prayers for a pile of bloodied flesh.
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
"It is why we cherish him so." Célnes knew wherever he went, the land would be blessed. The wolves of her family cherished him so for this reason, and he became a diety of sorts for their familiy. She wasn't sure why he became the form of a deer, but never did the God come forth as a wolf. He with a Thousand Horns, and all his apostles. 

"For us, it is our fur." Her voice went a little more soft, a bit quiet as she spoke about them so, "the closer to the deer you are, the more blessed. That is why, majority of our family carries brown pelts." Her pumpkin eyes gently swayed over to his grayscale fur, but said nothing on the matter. In a way a silent 'you are not blessed to our standards' was given.

2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
célnes passed her gaze over him, and germanicus understood at once the silent message the elken queen wished to convey. her gentle judgement, her passive rejection of his ability to meet the standards of her god. the soldier was very still as he pondered it, and then the hushflower stare rested quietly upon this strange she-wolf.

"in my land it is white. white fur is the color of those who are pure. those who the gods seek." he could never not be reminded of ico, though the thought of paleness here brought germanicus to mind of the coming winter — and beyond. "but your numbers can only grow through children, célnes, and those that share your blood cannot father them." she would be forced then to seek outside the allotment of her god, though he expected her to deny this.
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
"In our culture it is the opposite, above all else, the Déorwine dread the cursed color." They can withstand the golds and the grays, perhaps even the blacks despite it being nearly as cursed as white.. But never, would the group accept anyone bearing a white pelt. She would be casted out if even tried to bring someone as so, but the woman as well.. Wouldn't want to.

"The name Déorwine comes from being accepted by the High Elk, our God, through a ritual. Very few of us, are actually related. Anyone can be accepted, with his graces, and take our name." She understood his point, and definitely felt so among themselves. At the moment majority of their group consisted of this family, and Célnes has not come across many without bloodties.

The season of spring would be tough once it came. She didn't wish to procreate outside of her holy realms, a line to her kindness of bringing outsiders. They would be Déorwine, or they would be casted out.

2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
he let out only a non-committal grunt in return this time. she had given him much to think upon, but he was sure that slumber would be beneficial for them both by now. the rain had not stopped, but germanicus would remove himself from this sheltered place into it all the same.

it was his pledge, was it not? he thought of ico, wondered where the boy had gotten to these days. a twinge at the fastenings of his heart. had they been so fated to part? and now he was quiet; if célnes needed nothing more from him, germanicus would go out into the downpour to take up his sentinel while she slept.
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
With the silence between them and the silent patter of rain, her eyes started to drop. She ushered a short 'goodnight' to the guard while slumbering her head onto her soft-paws. The sound of nature soothed into a lullaby, and slowly drifted toward the dreams that she so desired. Ambition, and others, that would be kept in the depth of her heart.

Eventually, would she wake up, to switch the duty.