Stone Circle this one's mine
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
All Welcome 
Please allow for @Desdemona to post first!

Osiris and Desdemona had taken their time traversing the Sunspire mountain range, as they had noticed an influx of prey along their path. From what was observed, he deduced that they were attempting to keep dry—just as they had seen at Moonspear.

Once they had made it through the mountains and were on solid ground once more,  they arrived at a proverbial fork in the road. One path lead towards Easthollow from what they could tell, while the other steered towards an unidentifiable pack. They decided to approach the territory they were familiar with—taking the safer route, for now. 

Osiris stood at Desdemona's side, his pelt disheveled and caked in mud; he had tried to clean himself up, but his efforts had been in vain. His heart raced, and he licked his lips nervously as he surveyed the sprawling claim in front of them. They had made it to Easthollow's borders, which meant Osiris had made it to @Leta; he had not mentioned his crush during their adventure thus far.

Taking the lead, he tipped his head back and howled for Easthollow's leadership—and a personal request for Leta, as well. Once the message was sent, he lowered his head, feeling increasingly nervous about what was to come.
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
They made it through the mountains and avoided whatever trouble was within. It was fortunate they skipped it and didn't wander too long, even if there was friendly packs within, it wouldn't be good to risk running into The Saints. While the two were guards of Moonspear, they still would have trouble fending off in unfamiliar territory, especially if back-up was to be called.

Desdemona joined in his call to the wolves of the stone, and gave a slight glance when the tune changed for another to join them.. But refrained from saying anything.
201 Posts
Ooc —
The days were longer than usual. It was hard to be happy when she thought of who she missed... though she did try. Leta ran through the motions, for the most part... but there was little else for her to do but that. Well, little else that she desired to. She wanted to become stronger, she wanted to become braver, but all that came second to simply wanting to feel happy again. 

A spark of that when she heard a voice calling for her.

Leta was curious as she made her way toward the border, and a little antsy too—but when she saw who called, she simply felt warm all over rather than soggy. Self-conscious, suddenly, Leta wondered if she looked as wet rat as she felt... and hoped not. Her tail waved as she bounded toward the border, almost slipping and crashing into their guests—she stopped, though when she blinked her nose was inches away from Osiris' own. 

She pushed backwards, laughing, oh, ah, sorry!!! It's so wet! before turning her hazel gaze to Desdemona. Hi! I'm Leta, welcome to Easthollow! She waited a beat so the other could introduce herself, though her eyes drifted toward Osiris. Leta was not incognito enough to hide the sheepish, happy little grin that lit up her features. It had been the first time her expression shifted since her aunt died into one of [i]happiness.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
"I have a friend here—her name's Leta," Osiris explained quickly, feeling Desdemona's short glimpse. It was all that he was willing to share that the moment; his feelings for the Easthollowian were something he kept quiet. Osiris fell silent then, observing the water-lodged basin with bated breath and increasing nerves. 

Osiris' heart nearly leaped out of his chest when he realized that Leta was approaching; his tail began to wag slowly, and his posture straightened. Unexpectedly, she began to slip and slide through the mud and stilled once they stood nose-to-nose. Osiris smiled as he held Leta's gaze, momentarily mesmerized by her; finally, he felt like he could breathe now that she had arrived. 

"It's okay," Osiris breathed, gently exhaling; frankly, he wouldn't mind if she did that again. Leta went on to introduce herself, and Osiris nodded. "Thanks, Leta—it's good to see you," he replied. "I'm here on a mission with my packmate, Desdemona," Osiris explained, motioning to his co-guard. "We've been following the storm to see how far it goes and checking up on the packs along the way. How have things at Easthollow been?" For now, she kept his full attention.
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
He explained as so, and Desdemona simply rose a brow, before looking back forward. She wouldn't think he simply used this mission to see a girl, but at the same time.. He was young. She quietly kept this judgement to herself as the one he called, came forth. A girl with optimism, and a smile to her her name.

Oddly enough, Leta reminded her of Valette, and nearly Greyback, especially as she smelled like the two. The guard faintly interacted with the wolves of Easthollow that she knew who they were, but it was a year ago, and did not know else more. Desdemona was quiet, while thinking of the like-ness, but did not ask.

"As well if you know how other packs are fairing," she added to Osiris's words.
oop protective brother incoming

A call sounded from the borders of the hollow, something he hadn't heard in a while. The past visitors simply just pushed past their claim, something that still irked the woodland boy, but whoever was calling now knew some manners. He turned his course to meet the call, more so interested by the request for Leta than the presence of visitors. The wolves calling didn't sound familiar....so how did they know his sister?

He was late, but not so late as to miss parts of the conversation as he approached. Pack wolves, but only one was given a name. There were here to see how Easthollow was...allies maybe? West gave a chuff as he followed in behind Leta, his eyes drifting to the two as his sister stepped away from the stranger. Interesting... What pack are you from? I don't recognize your scent.
#008000 , PawprintWest's Playlist 10/10* 2/10, * = incomplete threads
201 Posts
Ooc —
It's so good to see you, too, she thrilled back, repeating his exact words for lack of being able to come up with her own. He introduced Desdemona (to which Leta looked to her and greeted, quietly, hi, Desdemona!) before her gaze fell right back onto the dreamy delightful face of Osiris. He looked bigger than she remembered him to be, she marveled, and seconds later she realized she had scarcely heard what he had even said. 

Her brother was her saving grace, but there was also a sort of welling in her stomach to see him there too. Not embarrassment, but something else related to it. Could he sense her own nerves? The fireflies dancing in her tummy? West! This is Osiris, and Desdemona, they're from Moonspear—Alya is our brother Nikai's mate, remember her? her tail waved, uncertain if he had ever met Alya. Uhm, they were curious about the weather here... how we are doing... And other packs, right? She looked to Osiris as though for reassurance, before electing to answer, The weather, it hasn't let up here since early August, she answered, and... we are okay. We... someone important to our family... they passed,  she breathed, but we... we have new cousins, and we are not hungry... we are healing, but there returned that sadness, hating to think of it. They were getting better, but Leta hardly felt it. As for the other packs, she looked to West, hoping he might answer that. Leta lost her voice for a time, not wanting it to crack in front of Osiris or Desdemona.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
"It's so good to see you, too!" Leta thrilled, and Osiris' belly filled with fireflies, too—but they did not last long. 

Another approached, similar in age to Osiris and Leta—a boyfriend, perhaps? He was quick to jump to conclusions; a jealous flare ignited in his stomach's pit, expelling his previous excitement. Despite his normal level-headedness, something instinctive overcame him. Although Leta wasn't necessarily his, Osiris would loathe to see her with somebody else. 

The other wolf's name was West, and he committed the name to memory. Osiris listened as Leta caught West up to speed, nodding encouragingly as she prompted him. She then began to report how Easthollow was doing, and the mood shifted; the pack had lost a loved one. Osiris frowned, resisting the urge to reach out and comfort her. "I'm very sorry," he replied genuinely. It was unfortunate that they had lost somebody special to them—but more so, Osiris hated seeing Leta so downcast. "I know that there is not much that I can say to make things better, but it is good to hear that your pack is healing." He regarded both siblings then, with a bob of his head.
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
Desdemona just zoned out at the sudden depressive tone- as she wasn't one to deal with the emotional wolves. It was probably the first time she saw someone transition to happy, to near crying. Though introductions were met, and she only have faint noddings to Leta, who silently greeted her, and 'West,' who demanded where they were from.

"We are going asking how others are faring in the weather, and seeing how far the damage has been done," the guard said to West, while Osiris was dealing with Leta. At least they were co-guards, because while one dealt with simpler matters, the other could simply silently watch in the distance. Usually its herself, except for Neverwinter, which the other has expressed his distaste for. Though now she took the more formal reign.
Moonspear? Moonspear...the name was familiar it was— Nikai, Alya family. Ahh, now it was all starting to connect, Leta left once to look for Newt and see Moonspear. She probably knew this guy then from her visit. Yeah I remember, I haven't heard from them in a while though, are they doin' alright? Uh, and correction it's West Tyree. The words Polaris shared with him he still held close. He wouldn't correct Leta on his preference, but these strangers would know his name. All of it. At the very least he seemed to relax now knowing these two weren't a threat, his gaze shifting to the two new faces for news of their family.

Leta had...well she just dumped everything that had happened here...it would be nice to hear that their brother was doing well halfway across the world or wherever Moonspear was, Easthollow needed a win. He wasn't exactly fond of sharing all of their weaknesses like that but...Moonspear was friends of Easthollow right? Even if his mom didn't mention them often. Well we're sittin like swamped rats, but other than the rain it's— Good? fine? not really, shits kinda sucked lately. We're managing.
201 Posts
Ooc —
West Tyree, she amended with a small little smile; Leta would always affectionately refer to him as just "West", a sister privilege (he was lucky it was no longer Westie, her childhood moniker for him when she could not even say Tyree), but had not meant to embarrass him. Leta looked back to Osiris, blinking and withholding a gasp. How could she be so inconsiderate? Oh, yes! Moonspear? How is everyone there? You? The pack? She pressed, tail stirring some behind her as she found her voice. 

As her brother mentioned they were managing, Leta looked back to him. We've got some awful neighbors, she realized he hadn't mentioned, but wondered about the merit of going into the details, but peering back to Osiris she hummed, I mean, just so awful and inconsiderate, right, West Tyree? I haven't met them yet, thank gosh, but Easthollow... they're not friends of ours, an ear backturned to let West fill in the blanks there. She had only just been warned in passing to avoid that direction, but Leta was a homebody. She only wished she was brave enough to help...
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
West—no, West Tryee—corrected Leta, and Osiris nodded in acknowledgment of the change. "Moonspear is doing well," he answered. "@Alya and @Nikai, too—they send their love," or, at least, he assumed that they did; it had been a while since he had spoken to either of them at length. "If anything, we've just been trying to adapt to this weather—and hoping that it'll clear out soon." Then, with a quick grin towards Leta, Osiris added, "I've been training hard to get my Guardian specialty," as his tail gently wagged at his hocks; impressive, hm? 

Osiris looked to Desdemona with concern as Leta began to explain Easthollow's relationship with their neighbors. "We were actually going to head there next," he answered slowly. "What have they done?" he asked. Most importantly—had they done anything to Leta?
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
They were gaining quite alot of information about the more dangerous groups. Valuable information the two guards can pass onto Hydra to improve their eventual patrols perhaps, especially if they happened to meet one of these famed members. The plan was to eventually gather to all the neighboring packs, and while unsaid, they were avoiding The Saints.

Perhaps it was another group now to avoid, despite almost being the next destination. Desdemona remained silent, simply listening toward the two Easthollow wolves.
The woodland boy's expression seemed to sour at the mentioning of their neighbors, an ear flicking idly as his gaze turned in the direction of the collection of bastards. He should be happy to hear that their brother was doing well, but suddenly the rest of the previous conversation no longer mattered. Ursus. They're a vicious group with no care for whos land they trample upon. I've chased them out countless times now. One woman tried to steal our pups, two others claimed they'd hunt and travel where they pleased. Both accounts led to bloodshed, if there was one thing he had learned it was that none of them were reasonable.

Well...that wouldn't be entirely true. West had encountered their healer before and the other guy that traveled with the gargoyle never attacked, but he didn't stop his packmate's intruding either. He wasn't sure what kind of leader they had, but he had to be pretty shitty or flat out cruel to allow the shit his people carried out. I would just avoid them, it's not worth the energy.
201 Posts
Ooc —
Oh, she was impressed! Leta had no trades or specialties to speak of... it was hard, to determine what she wanted to do. She knew she wanted to help...  but was not really the guardian sort. But she did want to be; her aunt had been, and... she also wanted to be like her mother. A grand hunter. Leta loved the stars, too; she enjoyed watching them, and making up names. 

But her attention drifted and lingered on the topic at hand. Please avoid them, she asked. If Osiris or Desdemona were hurt... which they could be, she realized. Ursus did not really show a care for who they harmed. But Easthollow were peaceful and pacifist in nature; she knew her mother wanted no further trouble herself... not that they truly could, against such a pack. Certainly not alone.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
Osiris' expression shifted in distaste upon hearing West Tyree's recollection of Ursus's troublemaking. "We won't," he answered, feeling comfortable enough to speak for Desdemona as well. 

Their time at Easthollow was limited, and Osiris was sad to realize this. They'd need to get moving sooner than later, while they still had daylight. "Are there any other packs in the area that we could visit?" he asked, unsure of where to go from here.
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
"Thank you for the notice." It was a good thing they skipped over the group while heading to Easthollow. Originally she thought to turn back and talk to them- but definitely now was skipping. They gained quite a lot of information, and there were only be a few trips after this factor. The maplewoods, and anyone else in the mountainside they possibly missed.

Though avoid the saints for sure- as even Easthollow, was wary. They have caused issues with every pack out there, it seemed like.
Thankfully the pair agreed to avoid the bear wolves, though the woodland boy found himself at an impasse with their next question. Other packs? West never really traveled, and the one time he did leave to visit another pack he and Polaris changed course before actually reaching her father. White something stream? The name he had only heard in passing, It's kinda far though, I never made it over. It's up north. Green orbs fell to his sister with a questioning gaze, perhaps she knew more than he did despite rarely leaving as well. Sorry, we don't really leave home. Is there anything else you're looking to know?
201 Posts
Ooc —
Leta herself could not think of any others, to visit or to avoid. Looking to her brother as he looked to her, she grinned apologetically. Yeah, I... I don't leave home much, she shared, looking back to Osiris. While she wanted to suggest he come back around before he went home, it was probably out of his way and so she refrained.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
They talked a while longer, sharing valuable information between them. Osiris only noticed that the sun was beginning to fall by chance. He felt an immediate pang of disappointment when he realized that it was almost time to leave; he didn't want to go.  Begrudgingly, he brought it to Desdemona's attention, and the co-guards decided it was time to go. 

Once a round of fond farewells circulated all around the gathered wolves, Osiris and Desdemona set off from Easthollow to resume their mission. As they left, Osiris glanced over his shoulder to see Leta one last time—feeling the pit in his stomach grow with every step he took away from her.