Firefly Glen Stretching my bones to know the world from where you stand
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,968 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Still grappling with the realization that she might've made her pack mates sick, Meerkat met Fennec's remark with a cocked head. She said nothing as her older sister explored the area with her nose, simply trailing absently behind her and hoping no one's symptoms were as bad as hers. No one else had eaten quite so many...

She looked around sharply when Fen spoke to her, scooting to her side. Fen had stripped some bark from a tree, the sharp scent of it hitting her nose right away. Despite herself, she laughed at the older girl's joke, tacking on a little groan at the end.

While Fennec resumed gathering more bark, Meerkat eyeballed the strip she'd been given, then slowly inserted it in her mouth. She chewed it, finding the flavor bad and the texture worse. But she absolutely trusted her sister and wanted to do as she was told, especially if it provided relief. So she chewed and chewed and chewed, then swallowed.

"Thanks for helping me, Fen. Maybe when you're finished gathering it, we should go find the others?" Meerkat had already come up with a mental checklist of names. "I could show you around while we're at it, if Bronco hasn't already," she added, a cheerful note in her voice before she realized her possible faux pas. "I mean, would you like a tour of the glen?"
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread