Nova Peak Mind,
Dritte
89 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Joining 

Months had passed, and so has the memories of The Court of Nightmares. Long has she casted their betrayel aside, and the plague that wounded her heart. Asra had grown, so she wishes to believe, and hopes to be true. Months had passed, and hopefully her heart has forgotten the hardships that are given. 

However,

Jack frost was nearly here, and she was not sure how to survive without the company of another. She could feel a squeeze at the thought, but a determination to prove them all that she too, can survive without them. Perhaps in the end, Asra has still not forgotten for them. Though once more, months had passed, and she was not just a young yearling blinded by the rose of the world- she could see through a frozen, but steady gaze. A touch of warmth for her youth, but she too had hardships to pass.

Though trying to be strong,

she needed somewhere for winter. A call for those of this mountain, a hope and a yearning for acceptance, a desire to survive. The northern ebony wolf admitted her weakness.

@Mahler, @Wylla

Isn't it lovely,
all alone
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
mahler roved the far side of sagtannet. he had not been back to the cliffs since wylla had returned, for now his focus became securing their foothold for winter. 
a joiner had come, and then it seemed, another. from his place high upon the forested edge of their mountain, standing upon a promontory of rock, mahler heard.
he descended at an apt place, and at length came to the young woman standing quietly at their borders. privately he believed her striking, in an intellectual fascination for such unique markings. well built, youthful; the shadowpriest set his stoneflower eyes upon the stranger in an expectant silence.
[Image: 2711649b07fc604164cb120b1b417fa3cf47bccc_00.gif]
Dritte
89 Posts
Ooc —
Away
And so someone came,

she could not help the excitment that formed within, that her called had been answered. She could push it all down but the gentle and warm smile upon her feature, for she felt that finally- Asra would get a new beginning. She would hope it so be, but at the same time, never dwelving outside of the Court beside the past year, she did not know what this group held for her.

"Hello," the woman greeted with a slight nod of her head, "I am Asra Nightfall, I am looking for a place to call home for the upcoming seasons." The man who approached was gray and full of scars. A might fine warrior within her eyes. perhaps in her earlier years to be intimidated. Though she was older, more experienced, and held a calm attitude with just, but a smile.

Isn't it lovely,
all alone
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
she was polite, soft spoken. a smile came to her. mahler was compelled to answer it with a gentle curve to his own lips. "I am mahler. this is sagtannet."
asra nightfall. certainly not a combination of words he had heard before. she was searching for a home, and from the sound of it, for longer than the winter. he inclined his head, beginning to set off on a well-worn path that crossed the foothills. "come vith me. tell me vhat you can bring to us."
Dritte
89 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Accented words, something she was not normally familiar with. The months after leaving the Court, she had grown in ways of meeting more wolves unlike the ones she was normally used to. Asra was surprised at the variety of languages and cultures that surrounded to wolves of different lands, and memorized by each one of them.

So she was curious, on where he was from, or that this pack was one of the mystic groups; it's name was Sagtannet.

He did not turn her away, she nodded to his kindness and followed the man to the path of their people, "I can hunt and fight as any other, but I pride myself more on the stories that can be weaved, and prefer to listen to troubles of others." As he wanted, she so granted.

Asra Nightfall was not a wolf of Great Hunts, a warrior torn from battle, or a medic woven from the Gods themselves, but one who can weave such wonderous tales, and a woman who enjoyed listening to others, and their own tales of the world. Perhaps a few words of advice to drop, but she was still young, and still learning.

Isn't it lovely,
all alone
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
the pair moved off as asra began to speak. mahler was not sure he had heard such a thing before; he felt a pleasant surprise coming to him at the sound of it. sagtannet had a healer already in himself, fighters, hunters. this one wished to carry lore. "already ve have many stories i vould share vith you," mahler smiled. 
her aspirations brought him to mind of gracious, who had disappeared from their land. perhaps to drift after herds; perhaps to seek out a future for the coming season. she had no children that he could recall. "vhat led you to pursue such?" 
now that they shared a closer space, mahler noted that she was beyond girlhood, still young. but closer in age to stag than to one of the mountain's children, he supposed. the swathe of golden spruce cutting through the lower reaches of sagtannet glowed beneath the light; mahler paused to appreciate it. "ve are small here. a family. and ve keep to ourselves."
Dritte
89 Posts
Ooc —
Away
"I'd be delighted to hear some." It was only recently, she could say her love for stories evolved. When Asra was a little girl, she enjoyed hearing them, but as all grow up, they grow out of the stories their parents share for a midnight ruse, and she too, grew into a womanly blossom. 

But upon exploring the wilds, that love sprouted once more within her heart.

"I'm afraid while I can share lores and fables, mine is nothing special, but an interest since becoming a loner." Meeting various wolves and hearing their tales, was something she held dearly in mind. The woman of the northern court, had a selfish desire to hear the lore of the world, and to what tales a wolf can give. Fictional or fake, only God can tell.

"How many live in Sagtannet?" Her previous court was a decent size, and she had not stepped into another since that time. He The man named Mahler claims it is but a small family, who keeps to themselves, and Asra wonders if there is room for herself.

She too paused, a blue gaze watching the view before the two.

Isn't it lovely,
all alone
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
"almost twelve." a knowing quirk to his mouth. he thought of the things, all of the things that had gone on since coming here. but mahler was not ready to share any of them with asra; she was not only new, but young. and the weight round his shoulder had come with age and poor decisions. "everyvone's story is a special thing."
opting then to be more educational, more informative, mahler gestured with the broadness of his muzzle in the direction of the sea. "that vay is the ocean. there are cliffs that are empty. we moved from quite a distance avay," he went on, pausing to watch a stoat scurry its way across their path before moving onward. "ve lived upon a mountain before, a far larger vone. there vas a canyon near to us, and a band of cruel volves made it their home. ve decided to leave, and traveled here."
slipping into a trot that carried him toward the mouth of the grotto, mahler continued. "ve had young children to consider. the stipulation for our settling here vas that ve vould never allow anyvone to settle so close. and so those cliffs already are a place ve travel."
Dritte
89 Posts
Ooc —
Away
"To move for the children is a honorable act, though it must be sad to lose an old home." She too, believing it was right to leave the court, still mourns for the home she had lost. However, no more could Asra call it a home, for when she thought of it, the memories were filled with but bitterness and heartbreak.

"I belong to the north, cold all season, and snow more often then summer. While terrible as it sounds, I do miss it so, but I will never return to it." She understand the settlement of moving. Her blue gaze followed to where he guided, to the cliff, and back to the assumed Alpha of Sagtannet.

Isn't it lovely,
all alone
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
he shook his head. "sometimes ve are not meant to return to our beginnings." he thought of the forests in which he had courted and loved marigold. it seemed he would hold that firefly moment forever, but pulled himself from the stirrings of nostalgia and considered her a long moment.
"i accept you in sagtannet. vylla is your other leader. eisen, ve say in sagtannet." he was silent, contemplative; he examined the clawmark of white blazing over her muzzle, but he did not press for more from asra's words. not now. "it is quiet here. but you vill find your place. and if you vish more stories, i have them." an attempt at humour, though his soul did not quite feel it.
Dritte
89 Posts
Ooc —
Away
"I'm prone to agree, but it can get difficult at times, doesn't it?" Oh but a pitiful laughter coming from the nightmare wolf, as she agreed wholeheartedly, but with a tad of heartbreak to the touch. In the end, she now supposed actually talking about it, Asra has not truly gotten over it.

"I suppose i'll have to seek you out later to trade some of them."

Her smile had brightened upon being formally accepted, "Thank you Mahler," though she was curious upon the ranking he stated, "pardon, but what language does eisen come from?" her strive for knowledge did not falter even now, to where she asked the stone-priest to what it may be from. Asra only knew of English, and a bit of others from the time of travelling; but this one was familiar.

Isn't it lovely,
all alone
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
it was a good thing, her coming to them. sagtannet would make fine use of the fangs put to their offering, and already mahler wondered what asra would make of herself upon the slopes. "it is called german," he told her kindly, "and it means 'iron.'" 
none else had asked after their name before; he was flush with a pleasant surprise. "call upon me at any time." it seemed the frost-laced joiner wished to acquaint herself with the wood, and so the gargoyle only lingered a moment longer to hear anything she wished to say before turning with a warm step into the shadows himself.
Dritte
89 Posts
Ooc —
Away
"That sounds strong." She was not familiar with the language of German, but for the Alpha's to be called 'Iron,' was rivetting in itself. She was quite pleased to be able to join so, and even her gentle smiled shown but a bit of pride and excitement for this moment.

"Thank you again." Then finally, Astra dipped her head politely to him so, watching the man disappear into the woods of the mountain. She too, then made the steps to acquantice herself with it.

Isn't it lovely,
all alone