Dragoncrest Cliffs I was snared by a sickness, some fever in my lungs
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
A willing soldier.  Rosalyn wanted to be grateful, but all she felt in the face of his vibrance was tired.  I'm no sea-witch.  Caiaphas would no doubt have been salivating over the prospect of a recruit eager to die at her word but Rosalyn had never had such fangs.  She'd desired power, sure... but only to ensure she never needed to fight for survival again.  Funny how life had a way of twisting even your purest hopes.

Hopefully it won't be necessary.  They'd be idiots to test the cliffs with winter close.  Casualties would come and no pack with half a brain would wish to limp through winter wounded.  Especially not a northern winter.

Ah, and a familiar mention.  Raven-boy.  I met him as well.  So he'd remained lost?  I sent him south.  There are some mountains there, though I have no clue what he means by 'ravens gathering'.  Birds are hardly a reliable landmark.  Flighty creatures.  The nearest mountain to us is the one our dear neighbors inhabit.  Otherwise the rest are a fair distance away.  She glanced southward.  From the cliffs you could just make out the distant silhouette, but from here, too many trees lay between.  Did he go on about names to you also?

WC: 208
Messages In This Thread
RE: I was snared by a sickness, some fever in my lungs - by Rosalyn - November 27, 2020, 02:07 AM