King Elk Forest bless each shadow, reunited
6 Posts
Ooc —
Joining 
Stately paws pressed rhythmically atop the forest floor, crunching delicate strips of morning frost. In a manner quite emulating a status of fine nobility, Aéthelstan Déorwine sashayed forward greeting each downward sunbeam with equal allure.

The air was honest and rejuvenating, lightly nipping at her richly-colored coat in a breathy breeze of purity. And she knew- she was home. Slowing her pace, Aéthelstan bowed her head reverently- her ancestral scent mixing with the sweet smell of dirt and pine.

“Bless the High Elk,” she whispered with a dignified flick of her lush tail before letting out a demanding howl. A howl that said, Family! I am here, are you? Come address me this instance!
0/5
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
It had been some time since the Kings had been called, but the last few days seemed popular. Cenric had gotten the last calling, and when she had smelled his trail to the suspect, she simply avoided and let him on the matter. Though this time, beating her dear brother, Célnes left to grace whoever at the border; and was given a pleasant surprise.

"Cousin." Out of the shadows, the elken beauty appeared with a warm smile to her cousin. She was surprised how many directly by blood were appearing, but it was a pleasant destine. Though generally, the Deorwine wasn't aware of the dynamics of her family, as after all there was a few bastards on her side.. Which both appeared in Kingslend; Rohesia had vanished, and Eadwulf also mysteriously disappeared, perhaps doing a brothers duty and searching for her. She did not think too much on it.

"I'm glad you survived the fire." Stepping closer, she desired brush against the other in a pleasantry of friendliness.

[Image: daypp44-35fafcf4-5681-4f2b-ade7-060f2833...UH7g592rRs]
an hour of wolves and shattered shields
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
skip unless addressed <3

another of the family, demanding attention at the borders. germanicus fell into step with his king as she moved to greet the newcomer.

while she spoke, her centurion faced forward and kept himself vague, neither interjecting nor addressing the proud relative célnes calld cousin.
6 Posts
Ooc —
Pleasantly surprised by the hasty manner in which she was received, Aéthie was even more so flattered to see her royal cousin appear from the dignity of the shadows. Though, of course she would be met with such flourish as to be welcomed by a King. She was a Déorwine afterall.

“Cousin” she echoed with a nimble bow and then, “King.” Her eyes momentarily downcast in a simple display of honor. News of The Kings debut had traveled far, even throughout what was left of the dwindling fire-stained terrain. Although it was mildly strange to be standing in-front of her once childhood playmate now crowned King, though not unexpected.

Aéthie returned Célnes’ cordial brush, leaning in to match her warm greeting. “Only with the High Elk’s Blessing” she declared, giving praise where it was due. “I have returned to rejoin the Déorwine House and serve the High Elk as before- before such a time of fire and great suffering”
0/5
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
There was a moment of surprise over the factor the other addressed her as King so quickly. She had not realized that the factor Kingslend had spread around, but it wouldn't be a surprise as well. There was quite a few of the Deorwine that Célnes had seen, but they did not join in the newest group, and rather continued onwards in there own way. Surely, some have spread the factor, as many would want to return to a familiar home.

It was a satisfying thought that if all knew, that Célnes was the King alongside with Cenric. Fire-lit eyes momentarily glanced at her guard and nodded at him so, for this wolf was of no danger.

Her smile widened, "Of course you are always welcome, how are you not dear cousin?"

"Do tell of your adventures if you have any." Since it has been sometime since the new Kingslend had happened, and long ago the fire, she was curious if the other had any stories to share. Majority of those back in the forest, definitely had a far share that may enlighten Aethie.

6 Posts
Ooc —
Hearing Roll=3
@Célnes

Given latitude to remain in her King’s company with ease, the Déorwine elect gave her luxurious coat an aristocratic shake before offering a reply. “May the High Elk bless you always, My King. For your generosity is…beyond measure.” Aéthie’s words were kind, but there was some unspoken message- something cryptic- buried deep within each statement. She smiled politely.

​“How dare I?" Aéthie mused, as if repeating some implied remark. "I am afraid such ventures are as boundless as the High Elk’s majesty,” she sighed. “However, I will tell you this dear cousin- I have never known such a perilous province! It is quite appalling. Land turning coarse beneath your paws and budding flowers to soot. It is quite a sight to see- the aftermath of fire.” A disgusted expression soured Aéthie’s face, as if she suddenly remembered a bad smell.

“Still, the High Elk’s blessings are perfect and in their divine right appeared as angelic ambassadors- offering health and goodwill,” Aéthie’s voice was a silken-smooth, melodic purr, boasting arrogantly of the days that were- and days still to come.

“Yet I have seen more half-burnt bodies then I care to see in a lifetime,” Aéthie frowned with a pout. “May the High Elk bless their souls…” she added, almost in contemplation.
0/5
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
"When my siblings and I first came to this land, it was horribly flooded. The rains were endless, we escaped from a fire, only to come into torrents of water. Ironic, is it not?" She laughed slightly at the thought of the chance of disarray. She remembered the fires and the burning, the screams of family and the crying of others as they watched many fall to the demise of fire. The smell of all but burning, flesh and wood and everything near- how everyone fallen.

Then into the rain did they go, the flooding of Whitebark Stream and the endless mud. She truly thought at the time they were cursed, and moreso as all who she wanted dead seem to reappear in her life. The King was thankful, Aethe was not someone she held hostility to.

"Come cousin, let me show you the denning area." Softly she smiled to her cousin a tail flicker to indicate that she should follow so.