Broken Antler Fen they will see us waving from such great heights
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,954 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She brought her paw a little closer to her face to inspect the smear of water. Her gaze then lifted again as many more flakes flurried around her, most of them hitting the ground and disappearing. Melting, her brain supplied right around the time Toad offhandedly said, "I love these first light snows we always get at the beginning of winter."

"Snow?" Meerkat said dumbly, then she repeated in a different tone altogether, "Snow..." Oh no. She was meant to find Atlas when the first snow fell, so they could watch it together. A sort of wild expression flitted across her face as she glanced over her shoulder toward the glen, though her brown eyes rapidly tracked back to Toad, who looked ever so gleeful.

She could tell her friend she needed to turn back right now, though that wouldn't be right. And though it wasn't like @Wraen, @Maia and the others were expecting them but... they'd come all this way. Meerkat let out a breath, her body flushing alternatively with heat and cold as she realized she wouldn't be on time for her meetup with Atlas. Well, surely he would understand.

Squaring her shoulders, Meerkat set her foot on the ground now sparkling with a gossamer thin layer of snow and began to close the distance to their destination. She would tell Toad about her date with Atlas after they stopped by the fen to see their friends, their family. Hopefully her aunt would share her excitement about the whole thing.

Trying to ignore the anticipation spangling her spine—maybe that was just the snow falling there?—she picked up her friend's thread and jokingly warned, "I've never actually seen it before but I've always heard not to eat yellow snow."
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
they will see us waving from such great heights - by Meerkat - December 09, 2020, 02:11 PM
RE: they will see us waving from such great heights - by Meerkat - December 09, 2020, 07:14 PM