Firefly Glen I'm sorry if I hurt you, I'm sorry if it got that bad
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,951 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
@Niamh's message still rang in her ears and twisted her stomach. A cougar had attacked the caldera, leaving several of her siblings injured. Of course, Meerkat wanted to go to them, make sure Alyx, Bronco and Fennec would be okay. But there was all this snow. And apparently there was a cougar on the prowl.

When she heard the first roar, she sucked in a breath and held it. Soon, all hell broke loose in the distance. She was no fighter, so every instinct told Meerkat to run in the other direction and let the more capable guardians come to the glen's defense. She wouldn't stand a chance against a cougar.

Despite this, her sense of familial loyalty pushed her toward the sounds of the commotion. By the time she arrived to find it was a bear, not a cougar, there was blood, bodies and chaos everywhere. She stopped on the fringes of the scene, eyes drawn to the sight of an enormous eagle plucking out a dead wolf's eyes.

Her stomach dropped when she realized she recognized the corpse. Meerkat felt her throat ripple. Fight or flight went out the window entirely as she simply stood there, frozen, mouth dropping open in an earsplitting scream.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm sorry if I hurt you, I'm sorry if it got that bad - by Meerkat - January 05, 2021, 03:31 PM